Greetings from Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waikato

New
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just joined as I've heard good things about this board.

Am planning to go to Malapascua in Phillipines and just wondering if anybody has comments on the place and whether it's good diving?

Cheers

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! I don't have any information that can help ya... but I bet that there is someone around here that does.

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Hello Waikato,

welcome aboard! :happywave

Laurens

waikato:
Hi there,

Am planning to go to Malapascua in Phillipines and just wondering if anybody has comments on the place and whether it's good diving?

Cheers
I've only been to the Philippines once, two months ago, and it was Subic Bay, so can't help you for the location. But my experience in Subic was great, I hope it was an indication of the whole country.
How's diving around Singapore? There's a bunch there I know, but no experience and not read much about it. I'm sure there's pleanty of information right here on ScubaBoard, but I have a lot more reading to do before I get to that subject.

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction:
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

Welcome to Scuba Board Waikato, I hope you enjoy being a member! From, Matt :partytime

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Moved from Introductions & Greets Forum

waikato:
Hi there,

Cheers

Welcome to the board. I haven't been to either of those places yet :eyebrow:, but you never know.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Hallo Waikato! I used to live in Singapore many years ago, and am always happy to see a Singaporean around. Malapascua has just entered my radar as a future potential dive destination...it seems that not only is it a great thresher shark sighting destination, but it also has regular visits from Ocean Sunfish at certain times of the year.

waikato:
Hi there,

Cheers

Hi Waikato, welcome to the board.

I was in malapascua 29th May to 02 June this year & stayed with the Exotic...very basic but clean...they have house-keeping daily. The water is probably from the well on the island & is hence salty but you can buy mineral water from the diveshop for drinking, brushing teeth, rinsing etc etc...not too expensive & not really a very BIG problem comparing to the fantastic diving you are about to discover!!! There are mosquitoes on the island but lighting a mosquito coil every nite in the room will keep them away. The only issue is the service of the restaurant...very slow but you can always walk to nearby restaurants for your meals...5-10 mins walk.

http://www.malapascua.net/index1.html

I have dived with Bubble07 & would definitely recommended them for the diving. Very well coordinated & the DMs (esp. local DM Vic) are very helpful & knowleageable. We went out v.early around 5.30am to Shark Point & saw thresher sharks (1-3 per dive) every day. Lots of macro stuff (pygmy seahorse, nudibranchs etc) too. Accordingly to the Vic, December is a good time for thresher sightings (possibly 10 at each dive) & even hammerheads...

Hope you'll see the thresher sharks & have fun. Hope u have a wondeful trip...keep me updated.

Here is a link to my pix gallery.

http://sg.homeunix.com/jovin/Malapascua

happy bubbles,
Jovin-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom