Uncle Pug goes to Fiji ~ discussion thread open for posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Got a PM from NetDoc yesterday. I'm going to Fiji representing ScubaBoard. Needed to get a passport. Got it today.

I'm strictly a cold water diver. Any advice welcome... but hurry... I leave on the 28th... this coming Thursday. :11:

Uncle Pug:
Got a PM from NetDoc yesterday. I'm going to Fiji representing ScubaBoard. Needed to get a passport. Got it today.

I'm strictly a cold water diver. Any advice welcome... but hurry... I leave on this coming Thursday.

http://www.divegoddess.com for a new skin, black will just not do for Fiji. I would suggest #443 tide pool. Should look lovely on you. :D

I'll watch your boat while you're gone. :eyebrow:

(Hey, did you really expect any serious answers????)

pennypue:
http://www.divegoddess.com for a new skin, black will just not do for Fiji. I would suggest #443 tide pool. Should look lovely on you. :D

i'd go with #335 parrot fish

I have some advice alright!

Some guys get all the breaks. Send me so no one thinks you're one of them. LOL (just kidding of course).

Only... that warm water may not be safe without specialized training and experience to help you cope. So...in the interest of shielding you from such peril, I humbly offer to subject myself to that danger in your stead. think of the board! what would they do without you? Much better to send some one more dispensable...like me.

Oh well, i can see this isn't going to work. Have fun.

Sheesh.... I need real advice here folks.... how am I going to cope with warm water when all my experience is with cold water low viz!

I'm kinda partial to #441. :D

Well uncle Pug... I'm still kind of a newby, but I'll do my best.....

Probably try to get in a few hours of practice time before you leave...

Find a friend with a large water bed (be sure the heat is turned up)
Get a couple of those groovy party lights that send colors and lights all over the room
Large screen TV (preferably flat screen) with an aquarium screen saver....
Lay on the bed naked... try your best to relax... enjoy the warmth... the pretty fish and remember not to pee..... :)

Uncle Pug:
Sheesh.... I need real advice here folks.... how am I going to cope with warm water when all my experience is with cold water low viz!

Assuming the water is 80ish? I'd wear a 3 mil, stailess backplate and my diverite fins (cuz they fit my feet and they're pretty good).

I'd still bring a dry suit though because I get tired of being wet, get cold in the shower and with very light clothes on underneath I find it comfortable even in warm water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom