REEF ID Class - November 13 & 14, 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Third time is the charm lets hope. The class we originally tried to do on Labor Day Weekend, then again a few weeks later is finally going to go off. Price is $40 per person, if you've already paid your covered. Here's our itinerary:

REEF Fish ID Instructor, Rose Wasserstrom, will lead us on a shore dive on Saturday morning at Datura St in Lauderdale by the Sea: 8.30 AM gear up, 9am dive.

This will be followed by an class in the afternoon Dixie Divers located a The Cove Shopping Center where the boat is.

Sunday morning we will board the Lady Go Diver out of Deerfield Beach and heading off shore for further fish ID and skills practice. This is a 2 tank, bring your own tank trip. Boarding begins at 12:30p.m., boat leaves at 1:00p.m. Gear can be rented from Dixie Divers. The boat isn't there right now because they are rebuilding the marina, but it is right across the street at the boat launch to Deerfield Island Park

Driving directions to sites can be found HERE

A test can be taken afterwards that Rose will proctor that, if passed, will have you registered with REEF as a level 2 fish identifier (once you complete the required number of surveys for that level). :)

If your interested, please use the calendar link below and sign up on the RollCall! Hope to see you there!!

http://scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=173&day=2004-9-4&c=1

If you want to prepay for the event, checks can be sent to the following:

OceanWatch
Attn: Rose - FISH ID
PO Box 5494
Lighthouse Point, FL 33074

Make checks payable to Ocean Watch Foundation. Sorry, OceanWatch is not set up for credit card transactions. Since OWF is a 501c this is also a tax deduction.

Materials included: the underwater slates (for loan) and a sheet of underwater paper for each diver to keep.

For sale: Survey kits for $25.00 each. These kits include the slate, uw paper, scan sheets, and a midi id book that is waterproof.

Where are we staying: I'll be honest and say I don't know yet! If anyone would like to set this up, please take lead and do so. I will be in attendance but not diving the event, so pick anywhere you want to stay.

note: this thread is a sticky until the weekend of the event when it will be closed.

Ok, i am back to maybe i can make the shore dive, not sure about the whole weekend with the course. Will go away and think about it. :wink:

Right now my availability is hinging on the launch schedule. We have a launch scheduled for the 30th and one for Nov 8th... If Murphy has his way... the launches will slide right into the 13/14th... I'll keep my fingers crossed that they either launch on time or jump over the weekend....

Al

What do we have to do to convince Kris to drive the family over???

Any word on where people are staying?

Also where/what is The Boulders in N Hollywood Beach.

Thanks,
Heith

I am staying with Jenny - Since my shoulder and right arm are in an immobilizer, I require some intersting sleeping accomodations that I am able to set up at her house quite easily.

The boulders @ N. Hollywood beach are a shore divable artificial reef from the north parking lot at Hollywood Beach.

Actual record of attendees I am not sure of because this is a carry over list. At some point this week I'll send the list a PM for confirmation...unless ms Jenny can assist. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom