LBTS: Low viz, some surf, good people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB

Obi-MB-Kenobi
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I snuck off this morning to meet Marvel and Walter for a dive at hibiscus at LBTS. My first dive in two months, and I was not really sure that I actually remembered how to dive. I must have survived it tho.

Nice to finally get in the water with Marvel. Enjoyed the day. Two good divers, tho I did have to tow Walter around for a while - seems he becomes incapacitated when he's UW.

Low viz overall - best viz hit 15-20'. Lots of sand hanging on the reef, in the holes, etc. Some surge, seas building, and we did have to keep watch on the shore breaks. Probably surfable by Sunday morning. But the water was still warm and salty...

No major schools. We did see a small turtle, one yellow ray, a trigger, and a somewhat less than usual assortment of reef fish. A nice juvenile Blue Angel was darting in and out, and he might have been the day's highlight. I noticed an odd thing about some of the wrasses and parrots with the red bellies - the reds seemed to be very red - brilliant red almost. Of course it could be due to light, clouds, etc, but I also wondered if maybe the recent storms had stirred up some plankton with higher dense coloring or some such... Who knows...

But the beach is divable, and with folks like Walter and Marvel to join you, even these simple dives are hard to beat.

MB:
SNIP...But the beach is divable, and with folks like Walter and Marvel to join you, even these simple dives are hard to beat.
Absolutely! Too bad this year has been a bust so far. Anybody have on idea of what Fall will look like locally? Should I renew my lease? LOL

I, too, had a great time, Mike- thanks for coming down! You'll have to come back soon & bring your wife to dive with us also. Went out again with the same basic conditions today- saw even less than yesterday but at least we were diving!

Sounds like my experience down at Hollywood on Saturday. Poor visibility but still a fun dive. Not a whole lot of fish to see. There seemed to be an unusually high quantity of burrfish around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom