reefmaster DC250 replace internal camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1

Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious if the internal vivitar camara (2.1mp) can be upgraded to the Vivitar Vivicam 3715 3.3 MP. If the internal camera for the DC250 is the VIVITAR 3625 (looks right to me.) then I think the 3715 should fit. Has anyone done this? If it were to work, I think you would essentiall have a dc310 for the cost of upgrading the internal camera.

I can't verify out of experiece, but I will say the camera housings look identical and should fit in either corresponding 250 or 310 UW case - but this is all from what I remember by memory. I've never compared the two cameras side by side to check.

It may be worth riding over to WalMart to check :p

Thanks SuPrBuGmAn,
I plan to give it a try. I like the simplicity of the housing though I haven't dove it yet. (just got it today) but want the better resolution of the 3.3mp. It will probably be next weekend before I can try it though. Will post the results.

Thanks, I'm interested in knowing myself. My buddy has the 310(I use it pretty often), if something were to ever go wrong with it, it'd be nice to be able to hop to WalMart for a replacement instead of going through SeaLife and at a price that would probably be quite bloated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom