DVD Slide Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would suggest scanning them at 200-300 DPI. This makes for a large JPG file but the quality on the TV will be better. 72 dpi is a print and or computer screen res.

Also you need to resize or crop you images to 720 x 480 which is the res for a frame of DVD video.

If you don't have any software yet I would suggest getting something like MyDVD or Pinnacle Studio 9. Both would work ok at this and also allow you to add music to the background.

I take it you have a DVD burner,,,,,,,,

Jeff

AevnsGrandpa:
I would suggest scanning them at 200-300 DPI. This makes for a large JPG file but the quality on the TV will be better. 72 dpi is a print and or computer screen res.

Also you need to resize or crop you images to 720 x 480 which is the res for a frame of DVD video.

If you don't have any software yet I would suggest getting something like MyDVD or Pinnacle Studio 9. Both would work ok at this and also allow you to add music to the background.

I take it you have a DVD burner,,,,,,,,

Jeff
Thanks for the information. No burner yet but I'm also looking into a new computer system and a burner will be one of the things that I am considering.

cdiver2:
I am thinking of getting software to put slides onto a DVD and doing a slide show on TV. Do's anyone know A/ The scan resolution that is best for TV 72 dpi ?, and B/ size...width X height.
Thanks.

It will automatically do this for you. Just scan in at your normal high-res and let the software do the rest.

zboss:
It will automatically do this for you. Just scan in at your normal high-res and let the software do the rest.

This sounds better all the time....I don't speak computer.
Thanks
David

I know some will be offended by this ... but ....

If you're conidering a new computer system anyway ... you should really look into Apple Computer's offerings .... and they all come with software that is considered some of the best stuff available for video editing (iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD).

Just something to consider.

CDIVER2, you have to try Photodex Slideshow Software.
You can try for free then purchase if you like. Go to Photodex.com
and download free software "Proshow Gold 2"

Mike

Mgnau:
CDIVER2, you have to try Photodex Slideshow Software.
You can try for free then purchase if you like. Go to Photodex.com
and download free software "Proshow Gold 2"

Mike

I wil take a look at it.

You might also want to scan the pictures as a TIFF file first if they require touching up, once you are done tweeking the pictures in the TIFF format, save them as a JPEG. You'll have a better quality picture in the end if you do it this way.

I've been fooling around with Ulead software for video editting, you can download free trial versions from their website to try for 30 days. www.ulead.com They have a number of different programs that just about do everything.

getwet2:
You might also want to scan the pictures as a TIFF file first if they require touching up, once you are done tweeking the pictures in the TIFF format, save them as a JPEG. You'll have a better quality picture in the end if you do it this way.

I've been fooling around with Ulead software for video editting, you can download free trial versions from their website to try for 30 days. www.ulead.com They have a number of different programs that just about do everything.

I keep all photos as Tiff and only change to post to the web or e-mail. you are saying they should be Jpeg for a TV slide show?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom