Need a good taxidermist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jacobsen

Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine would like to get the number of a good taxidermist in the Boca Raton area. He got a huge bug the other day and is thinking of mounting it. I saw a thread the other day with a contact and phone number but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. You can e-mail the contact to jfraser07@bellsouth.net.

thanks

Do they actually mount your bug? Seems like it would be hard to do. I mean I know people have them done, but I would find out exactly how the taxidermie guy does it.

Jacobsen:
A friend of mine would like to get the number of a good taxidermist in the Boca Raton area. He got a huge bug the other day and is thinking of mounting it. I saw a thread the other day with a contact and phone number but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. You can e-mail the contact to jfraser07@bellsouth.net.

thanks

Send it to me. I'll clean all the nasty meat stuff out for him, and then nail it to a board and send it back! :crafty:

:LOL: Love it DD!

You know, there are easier ways to get a bug mount.. pictures and measurements will get a fiberglass or resin version AND you get to eat the bug still. Just had to toss that out. :)

CBulla:
:LOL: Love it DD!

You know, there are easier ways to get a bug mount.. pictures and measurements will get a fiberglass or resin version AND you get to eat the bug still. Just had to toss that out. :)

Yes, the owner of the company that I work for does some mounting. He just finished a blue marlin that is actually fiberglass. The guy he bought the blank from takes an actual fish, or gator, etc, and makes an exterior fiberglass mold of the creature, then whenever someone wants an enormous blue marlin, or gator, etc, he makes a blank from fiberglass that he forms inside of the mold. The taxidermist then does some touch up of the features, maybe adds a few appendages, and puts a paint job on it. Interesting stuff, and it sure was cool watching this blue marlin "come to life" bit by bit.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom