New Flights to Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just saw that Continental will be adding a second flight to Roatan on Saturdays starting 12/18.

Flight 1864 from Houston leaves at 12:50 and arrives at 3:44 (vs 12:24 for the early flight - due to change to daylight standard time)

The return flight 1865 leaves Roatan at 4:30 (vs 1:24) and arrives in Houston at 7:20

This may help some people who can't get to Houston early enough for the first flight without staying overnight in Houston.

Ed

Ed:

Thanks for the info even though I and my group won't be going to Roatan until July 2005.

Brown Mermaid

Sirto:
I just saw that Continental will be adding a second flight to Roatan on Saturdays starting 12/18.

Flight 1864 from Houston leaves at 12:50 and arrives at 3:44 (vs 12:24 for the early flight - due to change to daylight standard time)

The return flight 1865 leaves Roatan at 4:30 (vs 1:24) and arrives in Houston at 7:20

This may help some people who can't get to Houston early enough for the first flight without staying overnight in Houston.

Ed

Wow! That is good news. I just got back from Roatan on Saturday, and we did indeed have to stay in Houston overnight for the trip out. This will make it much easier for us to return to the island!

Thanks for the information!

Just read in a Canadian publication that Air Transat will be doing charter flights from TO to Honduras starting Dec 2004 until April 2005.

I spoke to Air Transat - flights are on Saturdays from Toronto to Roatan (departure at 7 a.m., arrive around 11 a.m.) on an airbus operated by WestJet (flight 1370). Return flight (1371) leaves around noon and gets into TO around 5:30 p.m. for $829+taxes (so approximately $920 Cdn).

That figures. Doesn't help me any.

I will be going Nov. 26 or 27 - Dec. 4. It depends if we go from Indy to Houston the night before. There was only a one hour layover. It looks like it might now be 1.5 hours. I'm a little more comfortable with the new layover. One hour is just cutting it to close for the start of the trip. Coming back I could care less if I get stranded.

Sirto:

Ed

pharmguy:
Just read in a Canadian publication that Air Transat will be doing charter flights from TO to Honduras starting Dec 2004 until April 2005.

I spoke to Air Transat - flights are on Saturdays from Toronto to Roatan (departure at 7 a.m., arrive around 11 a.m.) on an airbus operated by WestJet (flight 1370). Return flight (1371) leaves around noon and gets into TO around 5:30 p.m. for $829+taxes (so approximately $920 Cdn).

Did you get the info from Air Transat or WestJet?Sounds good for us Canadians.

roatanjan:
Did you get the info from Air Transat or WestJet?Sounds good for us Canadians.

I confirmed availability with Air Transat through their reservation line ($920 inclusive for February 26-March 5). The flight, however, is operated by WestJet.

I haven't flown with WestJet but I figure most charters are pretty much the same. Tight seating with non-gourmet food but a non-stop flight that is reasonable. I figure the charter is about $100 less than a Toronto-Miami-Roatan with no chance of missing diving because of a missing a connection.

And with our dollar approaching par (80 cents +) I might be able to afford some extras in Roatan.

pharmguy:
seating with non-gourmet food but a non-stop flight that is reasonable. I figure the charter is about $100 less than a Toronto-Miami-Roatan with no chance of missing diving because of a missing a connection.

You just described my 2003 vacation in Roatan! I swore never to return there after that! Maybe this new initiative wil change my mind.

I few Montreal-Victoria with Westjet last year. Great airline, nothing but good things to say about them.

pharmguy:
I confirmed availability with Air Transat through their reservation line ($920 inclusive for February 26-March 5). The flight, however, is operated by WestJet.

I haven't flown with WestJet but I figure most charters are pretty much the same. Tight seating with non-gourmet food but a non-stop flight that is reasonable. I figure the charter is about $100 less than a Toronto-Miami-Roatan with no chance of missing diving because of a missing a connection.

And with our dollar approaching par (80 cents +) I might be able to afford some extras in Roatan.

Westjet is a low cost airline out of Calgary that is making waves in Canadian airline industry - one of the few that are actually making money. Westjet Charter, which would be the part of Westjet going into Roatan, is phenomenal. We took them on a trip to Mayan Riviera last year and were very impressed. Leather seats, boxed lunch (but gourmet with foccacia bread). Excellent service. Very reliable. Lots of knee room. Don't ever be afraid to fly them. The stew crew are quite funny if you are in party mode - usually more so on way down than way up (that is, party mode)!

Brenda

snorkelgeek:
Westjet is a low cost airline out of Calgary that is making waves in Canadian airline industry - one of the few that are actually making money. Westjet Charter, which would be the part of Westjet going into Roatan, is phenomenal. We took them on a trip to Mayan Riviera last year and were very impressed. Leather seats, boxed lunch (but gourmet with foccacia bread). Excellent service. Very reliable. Lots of knee room. Don't ever be afraid to fly them. The stew crew are quite funny if you are in party mode - usually more so on way down than way up (that is, party mode)!

Brenda

I might add that given the choice between Air Transat and Westjet, I'd pick WestJet 100% of the time. Being a Westjet fan, I was more than a little concerned when the two signed an agreement last year!

Brenda

Back
Top Bottom