San Carlos in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

U4SCUBA

Reaction score
I am going down with a group to San Carlos Mexico in January and was wondering if anyone knew the water temps and surface conditions I might expect at that time of year?
Also, we be staying at Hotel Loma Bonita. Has anyone stayed there and not like it?

Thanks,
U4SCUBA

I haven't been down there in the winter but I have heard that the water temp is in the upper 50s lower 60s. I have thought about going down for diving in the winter too. If you do go, please pass on info about water conditions.

Thanks

Craig

Ohh I don't know. Aren't the Humboldt squid migrating across the Sea of Cortez from the Baja side to the Eastern side in Jan? Those things are NASTY and their are hordes of them. They can get up to 300 lbs and are VERY aggressive. I watched a National Geographic special on it last year. :11:
I know the folks in San Carlos make a good part of their annual income because the squid come right to that area. I know I pulled a beak off a rock out cropping a few years ago that had shed off. The thing was close big and still very sharp. It's a necklace now.

Back
Top Bottom