Venice, Italy Dive locations needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ICY ICE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My crew and I are working in Venice from mid January to about mid March in 2005. I would like to do some day/night diving if possible, but don't know where to start. I'm open to ideas/locations.

Any input is appreciated, Thanks!

BTW: I'm PADI AOW certified with many specialties

I'm italian but really don't know about Venice. I think that's not interesting except for some wrecks. I suggest you to go not far to Croatia... or to lakes.

ciao, Marco

:D

Venice? The city built on the water? That Venice? Hmmm Where to dive in a city with canals for streets? Hmmmmmm.....

(only joking, there probably is a good reason, like polution to not dive within the "city limits" of Venice - but I thought it had to be said... :D)

The venetian lagoon relies on the tidal flushes to remove the sewage from it. Add that to the fact most canals are only 3m or so deep and very narrow its not a place to want to dive.

Another issue there is you wont have a car so transporting dive kit to a boat is a little difficult.

I dont think shore diving off the Lido in the adriatic side is going to be that exciting either as its basically a gentle sloping sandy bottom.

There must be some wrecks out there though and dive charters running if not from Venice itself but maybe from Lido or the areas on the mainland to the north.

A few hotels in Venice have "scuba diving" listed as a recreation but the only diving centre i can find listed with a Venezia address is here: http://www.bluesport.net/ . Looking on a map this is located in a marine via one of the exits from the lagoon east of the Lido in the town of Veneto so it maybe worth contacting.

A google for Venezia Italia Scuba turned up a few other possibles here:
http://www.dive-rite.com/dealers/tek/ (in the hotel excelsior).

"Sea Noble Service. Via Casati 15, Venezia, VE, Italy 30175, Veneto, Tel: +39-348-8125069 Fax: +39-041-5380614" also turned up and again its in Veneto near a lagoon entrance.

Also see http://www.serenissimadiving.com/ which is on the south mainland side of the lagoon. Looks like there are a few options but as expected none really in the city itself.

Id be interested in the answer to this as visit venice quite often but not considered diving there.

Thanks for your input, I'll research the info you posted and hopefully I can make a week of diving out there.

I have never had the time to go and dive in Venice but I can give you a contact who is a friend of mine. Her name is Cristina and she is a Course Director ESA. She has a dive center in Venice. This is the site www.sea-lion.it. Hope you have great dives and enjoy yourself in Venice. If you go there tell her that it was Francisco ESA course director that gave you her contact.
Subman

subman:
I have never had the time to go and dive in Venice but I can give you a contact who is a friend of mine. Her name is Cristina and she is a Course Director ESA. She has a dive center in Venice. This is the site www.sea-lion.it. Hope you have great dives and enjoy yourself in Venice. If you go there tell her that it was Francisco ESA course director that gave you her contact.
Subman

Thanks for the tip, I'll call Cristina towards the end of the year. Now I have to get a translator for IE browser.

This is information is coming alot faster than I thought it would.

Thanks again,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom