Going up North in November!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be ravelling to the PNW in November, from the 11th to the 18th and would like to do some diving while I'm there. I will be staying in Arlington and am taking most of my gear with me. Just need a tank, weights and someone to show me around. I will probably rent a heavier undergarment for my drysuit as I just have a light one for our California diving.
I am GUE trained (DIR-F) and prefer DIR buddies but will dive with anyone that is safe.
You guys still dive in November, don't you? :wink:
Thanks,
Robert

Robert-

I work for a dive store up in Bellingham, witch is about 20 min away from Arlington. Some buddies and I may be going those dates, so shoot me a message when the time arrives and maybe we can meet, or at least I can direct you to a spot(s). Sorry we perfer not to dive with DIR/ GUE divers but I guess we can make an exeption. Just joshing ya, best of luck and talk to you later

Robert Phillips:
I will be ravelling to the PNW in November, from the 11th to the 18th and would like to do some diving while I'm there. I will be staying in Arlington and am taking most of my gear with me. Just need a tank, weights and someone to show me around. I will probably rent a heavier undergarment for my drysuit as I just have a light one for our California diving.
I am GUE trained (DIR-F) and prefer DIR buddies but will dive with anyone that is safe.
You guys still dive in November, don't you? :wink:
Thanks,
Robert

Robert, I live south of where you're going to be staying, but can hook up and dive with you part of the time you're here (I'll be teaching a Nitrox class the 16th and 17th). I can loan you a pair of cylinders (LP95's) if you like, some extra weights, and probably anything else you might have forgotten. Heck, I'll even let ya borrow my doubles if you're interested ... I won't be using them for a while due to a torn rotator cuff (I'm still diving, just not doubles).

You won't have any trouble finding DIR buddies around here ... I can put you in touch with a few if you like ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Robert, I live south of where you're going to be staying, but can hook up and dive with you part of the time you're here (I'll be teaching a Nitrox class the 16th and 17th). I can loan you a pair of cylinders (LP95's) if you like, some extra weights, and probably anything else you might have forgotten. Heck, I'll even let ya borrow my doubles if you're interested ... I won't be using them for a while due to a torn rotator cuff (I'm still diving, just not doubles).

You won't have any trouble finding DIR buddies around here ... I can put you in touch with a few if you like ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Thanks Bob.
I would love to get with you for some dives. I was thinking about Sat, Sun or Monday (13,14,15) for diving if you would be available. I don't think I'll be needing the doubles, but thanks for the offer! I have a bad shoulder myself, so I know how you feel :wink:
Hopefully I will have a vehicle at my disposal for travelling and I'm pretty good with directions, so we can meet at a site or hook up on the way. I'll keep you posted as the time draws closer.
Thanks,
Robert

Robert Phillips:
Thanks Bob.
I would love to get with you for some dives. I was thinking about Sat, Sun or Monday (13,14,15) for diving if you would be available. I don't think I'll be needing the doubles, but thanks for the offer! I have a bad shoulder myself, so I know how you feel :wink:
Hopefully I will have a vehicle at my disposal for travelling and I'm pretty good with directions, so we can meet at a site or hook up on the way. I'll keep you posted as the time draws closer.
Thanks,
Robert

Sounds good ... look forward to meeting you ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Robert,
I'm DIR-F trained and am a friend of Bob's and Uncle Pug. I've got plenty of PST tanks that I can loan you. I'm located in north seattle and can be free to play. Weather permiting we could take my boat out and dive Hat Island. U.P. will be back from Fiji and he may want to get wet by then...

PM me for contact info.

overexposed2X:
Robert,
I'm DIR-F trained and am a friend of Bob's and Uncle Pug. I've got plenty of PST tanks that I can loan you. I'm located in north seattle and can be free to play. Weather permiting we could take my boat out and dive Hat Island. U.P. will be back from Fiji and he may want to get wet by then...

PM me for contact info.

Killer! I was hoping that UP would be back from his warm water trip by the time I got up there. Here's to hoping the weather is good!
I'll send you a PM right away.

Well, we got in this afternoon and had a full day of airport acticities. We had to hang around Seattle to wait for the rest of the family we are visiting to arrive from Guatemala with their two new adopted children.
While we were waiting, we made a trip over to 5thD and I picked up an undergarment, so all I will need is tanks and weights.
So now we are settling in and looking forward to our week here. Bob and OE2X, I will give you two a call Friday afternoon and touch base with you.
I can't wait to get in the water.
Robert

Robert Phillips:
I can't wait to get in the water.
Robert

Well, have you dove yet? What were conditions like? It's rainy and yucky and only 8-10' vis here in Laguna. :06:

We did some diving yesterday ... me, Robert, Uncle Pug, Overexposed2X (who was kind enough to provide the boat), and TBone.

Weather was sunny and mid-50's, water was calm with not too much current (except at the surface), vis was 30+ feet, and the diving was generally excellent ... despite the fact that on our second dive we never did find the ferry, and ended up diving in the riprap strewn along the bottom (a good dive nonetheless). The free ascent in current was interesting ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom