Cavern/cave trips over Thanksgiving W/E?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All things being well and good i should do the final dive for my intro cert on Thanksgiving. There is a good chance we will just top up the tanks and do some more training dives just for the sake of it as well that same day.

I was thinking of getting a tent and camping up around cave country for the remainder of the weekend and getting some more dives in at various places. The list from what i can gather might include Ginnie - devils, more around Peacock (i havent hit OG yet either), Jug Hole (Itchenetuckee - sp?, same place), Manatee and i am open to other suggestions. I am good with doing cavern or intro to cave style diving for the rest of that weekend. Hopefully the water should be down a lot more by then and viz will have cleared out some too. I am not sure which place i will camp at either yet, but again i am open on that one too.

Seeing as i was up in the area and have essentially 4 days in which i can dive i thought it might be a nice trip, so who else is free for any of those days?

Me I'm free, Oh wait I'll be training you! Of course we are going to do more than one dive you're kidding me right? We'll see where we can go, someplace different...Hmmmmmm

Well, Thanksgiving Day itself is definitely a no go for me, but the other three days are a possibility. Possibly the Jug Hole dive that I have been talking up? Hey Chuck, are you catching this?

Just for speculation's sake, if I were to devote Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to a campout/dive trip, would there be any interest?

scubafool:
Well, Thanksgiving Day itself is definitely a no go for me, but the other three days are a possibility. Possibly the Jug Hole dive that I have been talking up? Hey Chuck, are you catching this?

Just for speculation's sake, if I were to devote Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to a campout/dive trip, would there be any interest?
This sounds interesting. I will have to say that Thansgiving Day is out but the remaining days are good. Sounds like fun.
And Limey Diver you are invited over for TD dinner if you can tear yourself away from any available waterhole.

Count me in SIm. Ill be in waterless hell (atlanta) on thanksgiving, but can come back down saturday and sunday for diving.

Depending on flooding, heres the layout.

Madison Blue
Peacock/OG
Cow (if CDS member)
Little River
Jug
Devils
Manatee

Hmm, thatd make a hell of a canoe trip!

Another to add to the list of people interested - adder70 from this thread, lets see what we can come up with as a plan shall we? It also looks like there might be some interest from folks off TDS as well.

I am free for anything cavern/intro, pretty much in any of those holes in the ground in north FL/cave country, camping somewhere, so should be good to go as long as i can get fills through that weekend (i imagine every day except thanksgiving itself - Rick i think that is your trailer's use at the end of the day)! I will be diving my double 120's, but also have my K valve AL80's just in case i am caught without fills for cavern dives.

So what are other people's schedules for those few days? What considerations need to be made?

I MIGHT have to stay home Friday if we get family in from out of state, though that isn't decided as of yet.

However, I am on the verge of declaring the Saturday & Sunday in question official fool dive days. I was thinking maybe Peacock I as a warmup/ get acquainted dive. OG next? Jug Hole the next morning? Finish the day up where???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom