Week Trip to Pompano or WPB??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY01SHADOW

Reaction score
I am planning a return trip to the gold coast for another week of diving late spring/early summer 2005. In August I spent a week in Pompano and did three days of diving with Parrot Island Scuba where we visited the Sea Emporer, Jay Scutti and the Capt. Dan along with a bunch of reefs. We also spent a day shore diving in Lauderdale by the Sea. We took one day and drove to WPB and dove the Rampage and did the Mizpah and other close wrecks along with 1 reef. So, my question is... given another week in the area where should I stay/dive this time WPB or is there enough new stuff still to enjoy in Pompano. The plus in Pompano is knowing Parrot Island. Downside to WPB is no more Rampage. What do you guys/gals think??

Thanks,

Mike

Narcosis is a couple of slips south of where Rampage used to sit. Between them and Parrot Island, you ought to be covered. They're only 32 miles apart on the highway exits.

I think you are good to go either way, i have been doing the wrecks for years over there and still have many to do. I usually go with South florida diving headquaters on there small boat or with Reef Cat or with Avid diver charters. Also a quick trip south is always good.

Have fun

Mike M.

hidiver1:
Narcosis is a couple of slips south of where Rampage used to sit. Between them and Parrot Island, you ought to be covered. They're only 32 miles apart on the highway exits.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll give Narcosis a look. Is that where Captain Bob's crew is now?

Mike

dagodiver:
I think you are good to go either way, i have been doing the wrecks for years over there and still have many to do. I usually go with South florida diving headquaters on there small boat or with Reef Cat or with Avid diver charters. Also a quick trip south is always good.

Have fun

Mike M.

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling we couldn't go wrong either way.

Mike

MY01SHADOW:
Downside to WPB is no more Rampage.
Mike

I read this and did a double take! NO MORE RAMPAGE? Granted, I haven't dove with them in about 9 months or so, but what happened to the Rampage?

ABQdiver:
I read this and did a double take! NO MORE RAMPAGE? Granted, I haven't dove with them in about 9 months or so, but what happened to the Rampage?

She was a victim of Frances.

Yes, most of Capt. Bob's Rampage crew is working on Narcosis. Narcosis is a clean two year old 40' boat. I dove them last weekend and had a great time. I can't speak for Pompano at this time as many boats and docks were destroyed in the hurricanes. I doubt that Parrot Island had a problem due to their location in the inter coastal but I'd certainly check before going.

MY01SHADOW:
She was a victim of Frances.

What a BUMMER!! My condolences to the crew and captain. Great boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom