Pre-REEF ID night dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The weekend of 11/12-14 will probably be my next opportunity to dive (with the ear thing and the family thing going on), so i thought i would get in here early. There still seems to be some interest in the REEF ID class and i personally will try my best to head down that way to dive with you all on the saturday morning and maybe sunday afternoon as well, but prior to that whole thing i was wondering about thoughts of some night diving before the weekend - friday night.

The suggestion i have made to another couple of interested parties and they have supportive of it is to dive the north side of Commercial. South side is nice, but maybe we need a change of venue once in a while. Also the parking is so much more plentiful up there than Hibiscus. If Marvel and Mike need a ride (to simulate the out of the front door diving) i am sure that can be arranged :wink:

When we dove Oakland Park the other week we saw quite a decent bit of difference compared to Hibiscus, so i am thinking going north might show us a bit of change again. I was thinking swim into the current til we hit the pier, then head under there a bit before drifting back to the start point (i dont know street names, but i can find out). I recall at least two decent sized parking lots up there which should be large enough for a good few divers, so what do you think?

Hmmm... sounds good. I am always up for a different place to dive.

Alas, I won't be able to join you- Singles Conference at my church....

Awwwhhhh dang, thanks for reminding me Marvel. I have a commitment also on Friday night. I am working at the Churchs annual fair on Thursday and Friday so I can play on Saturday and Sunday.

well is everyone still planning on doing a night dive DURING the course, on saturday night?

That might be possible for some of us i guess. I would hope a few of us can still do friday night as well - i know a couple who are up for that. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom