Cavern Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to try Hawaii Sea Adventures in Pearl City; they have a website. They do IANTD certs, including rebreathers. There was another outfit on the Waianae coast that used to do tech stuff too; I think it was Ocean Concepts Waianae (there're several Ocean Concepts shops, mainly on military bases). It seems to me that getting a cavern cert is not a big market in Hawaii; certainly not like in Florida. And so you just might end up paying a bit more for one-on-one instruction.

roguediver:
Is there any one on Oahu that teaches a cavern course?

I know you're looking for someone on Oahu - can't really help there, but I thought
I'd offer up that there are at least two instructors on the Big Island that I know
personally who can teach a cavern course -- Bob Hajek and Gregory Sparkman. They work at
Jack's Diving Locker.

HTH -

I looked at jack's diving locker and could not find anything about cavern classes. Do you know how much the courses are? Thank you.

jeff

roguediver:
I looked at jack's diving locker and could not find anything about cavern classes. Do you know how much the courses are? Thank you.

Aloha Jeff --

I'll ask this morning and get back to you. They're not classes that are taught
all that often - but are offered on request. I'll be seeing Bob this morning
and will find out the details from him.

Sorry for the long delay in replying -- there's some dissent from the shop owners at Jack's
about a cavern class - hopefully this will get resolved soon.

Thats ok, no worries. Just let me know, if you can find anything out.

Jeff

roguediver:
Is there any one on Oahu that teaches a cavern course?

Your profile pic looks like you might be military. If so and the two shops I mentioned didn't pan out, you might want to try the SeaLancers Club http://www.sealancers.org/
They've been around forever and might be wired into somebody who can get what you need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom