Florida Live Aboards ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msandler

Reaction score
I would love to hear some suggestions for a liveaboard 3-6 days out of Florida. I have found Blackbeards (looks great but fully booked - on waiting list) and Sea-Clusive's Dry Tortugas (also appealing - staterooms).

Any others I can look into? Again Thanks.

Give our web site a visit; address below. We have some alternative
liveaboards mainly to the Bahamas with different operators.
Sometimes they call us to fill some empty last minute spaces at
terific prices! Otherwise, you can set out into the sunrise for
several days on sail or power, as you prefer.

Some of our trips are for techies only. If interested, send us a PM.

msandler:
I would love to hear some suggestions for a
liveaboard 3-6 days out of Florida.

msandler:
I would love to hear some suggestions for a liveaboard 3-6 days out of Florida. I have found Blackbeards (looks great but fully booked - on waiting list) and Sea-Clusive's Dry Tortugas (also appealing - staterooms).

I would check into ShearWater from Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures (www.scuba-adventures.com) out of West Palm Beach. They do great trips to the reefs and walls of the Bahamas, specializing in sharks and dolphins. They do not have staterooms but there are three cabins with two beds each and then bunk areas. They take up to 12 passengers. There is also nitrox blending on board. I was on a shark & dolphin photography trip with Eric Cheng (www.echeng.com) of Wetpixel (www.wetpixel.com) in July and it was some of the best diving I've done in the Caribbean/Atlantic. Here is a link to some of the photos from that trip:

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A959282B8BF&cb=PA

Doug Ebersole

Try the Nekton Diving Cruises. I went on them in June 2004 and had a great time. I was going on to take the Cay Sal Banks itenerary, but the hurrican said other wise. I have a voucher to take the trip another time.

msandler:

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum.

The Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section has a forum dedicated to Florida. I have taken the liberty of moving your post here in hopes it will get a wider response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

thanks Doc!

thanks everyone, I have contacted your recommendations - looks like it will be difficult finding openings but I am optimistic.

For week long trips, I'll second the Nekton. Allthough I think both boats have moved out of Fort Lauderdale for the winter. But I've done some good diving with those guys.

For shorter trips you might look into the Ultimate Getaway out of Fort Myers:
http://www.ultimategetaway.net/

I did their trip a couple of years ago and got in some pretty good diving. Looking at the schedule I may have to sign up for one of their photography trips......
Luke

Just did the Nekton in Belize. The boat isn't as pretty as some, but the crew and service are superb. Also, the no-sea-sickness ad is no joke. The swath design is great. The start their itineraries out of Ft. Lauderdale in mid-May.

If yawl book the Getaway let me know, I live just a few miles from it. My buddy and I dive out of here in the Gulf of Mexico and wouldn't mind some new SB folks going out with us when we go. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom