South Florida Meet & Greet - Sun., Dec. 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings All!

After reading about the successful meet & greet held by the Central Florida SBers, it seems like a great idea to have one here in the South Florida area (as Jenny suggested).
She and I have exchanged some PMs and I would like to offer my Hollywood home for this event.

So let's get this idea rolling....
Anyone interested let me know and if it looks like we have some interest than we can start putting together details. I'm suggesting a Sunday afternoon so we don't conflict with all those other holiday parties on Friday and Saturdays. It will be a "pot luck" so start thinking about what you would like to bring.

Looking forward to meeting / re-meeting everyone!

Addition Added By Scuba_Jenny Dec 5 & Simbrooks Dec 15

Attendees
Head count so far (purely in order of posting - i think):
1. ReneeC & Guy I am going to make a bunch of Chicken and a big Lasagna, my hubby makes a really great macaroni salad with shrimp and tuna, and a surprise dessert for Simon's Bday! Of course there will be Mango Marguaritas!
3. Scuba_Jenny & 3.5 Hermit Crab (Julie)- Chicken Wings
4. Wally1716- Beer and more beer, Argentinian sausages to BBQ
5. Simbrooks (Simon)- Soda - Birthday Boy. He gets spankings :10:
6. Scubaguy62 (Rick)
7. Scbababe (Angie)
8. Marvel-Spinach Dip
9. Blondey (Alli)-Wine
10. Down4fun (Kim)-Green Salad and Snacks
11. Adrisen (Ashley) - If can get a ride!
12. Netdoc (Pete)-SB Banner and Goodies
13. CBulla (Colin)
14. KBulla (Kris) 14.5 (XBulla - Xavier) 14.25 (Ian )
15. Baitedstorm (Vickie) + 2 kids?? Tequila!!! woot woot (I'll behave.....I swear!!!! hehehehehe)
16. Murphdiver236 (Darrel)- stuffed jalapeno peppers
17. KBeck (Krista)-Salsa & Chips
18. Walter - Pie?
19 & 20. Darabcsek (Amy & Evan)
21. DennisS-Rum and snacks
22. ZenDiver (Brian)
23. ScubaDadMiami
24. Oscardm
25. GrierPharmD - Grier
26. Lowedaph - Daphne
27. ScubakevDM - outside waiting on the one in, out out scheme

Tentatives:
Padipro (Scott)

Some suggestions:

Salad - (I have lots of dressings so just need the green stuff!)
Any side dish
Rolls
Soda
Tequila or Rum for the Marguarita / Daiquiris
Can't have enough snack stuff
Ice is always good

Don't forget to bring a grab bag gift - no more than $10 value.
How many kids do we have coming??? - Should have their own gift drawing. If you have a kid bring a gift

Marvel - Don't worry about plates, cups or napkins - got lots! You'll understand when you get here - I throw a lot of parties so always have stuff! But THANKS for the offer

Directions to Renee's House... (also put in Calendar info)
From 95 (Ft. Lauderdale)
Head south to Hollywood Blvd Exit.
Bear right (west) off the exit onto Hollywood Blvd
Stay on HB past Presidential Circle (Big Blue Glass Building in Middle of Road)
Go to 2nd light past the Circle (52nd Avenue)
Turn left
Follow to Jefferson Street
Turn left
3rd house on right - #5116 (Brick Color with Green Trim and White Garage Door)

From 95 (Miami)
Same as above just turn left (west) off HB exit.

From the Turnpike
Exit at Hollywood Blvd
Turn right off exit (east)
Follow to 5th light (52nd Avenue)
Turn right
Follow to Jefferson Street
Turn left
3rd house on right - #5116 (Brick Color with Green Trim and White Garage Door)

For those of you who are coming straight from the beach I will direct you around the back of the house. I have a rinse tank there and places to dry stuff.

I'm in with Hermit Crab.

Do you want to grill something, say hamburgs and hotdogs?
Cause its the Holiday season, perhaps we could bring a gift to exchange, say under $5?

Wish we could join you all, but hubby & I both work on Sundays. We are off Wednesdays & Thursdays. Hopefully we will get to meet everyone at another time.

Zuzanne

Bummer...I am assuming that the meet and greet will spill over into the evening hours, so maybe ya'll can pop in after work. (here's hoping)

zuzanne:
Wish we could join you all, but hubby & I both work on Sundays. We are off Wednesdays & Thursdays. Hopefully we will get to meet everyone at another time.

Zuzanne
I was thinking of starting arount 3 or 4 and rolling into the evening anyway. So come when you get out.

Jenny...

Grill yes, side dishes great, desserts - for sure, beverages are always nice, and a gift exchange is a great idea. When we get closer I'll start asking "who is bringing what" and we'll get a list going.

I will forewarn that my house is not "little" kid friendly. With no kids at home anymore it has become a pretty adult focused house. Lots of hard surfaces and breakables. Kids are certainly invited but giving a heads up....

I'd like to join in as well but I not only work on Sundays but I work Sunday night. Maybe I could come by for a hour or so before work. Keep us posted on the time and if I can make it I sure will.

We'll see where we are when we get a few more responses. If too many people can't come then I'll look for an alternate date. Unfortunately it will be impossible to find a date that suits everyone. I'm keeping track and it's a wait and see where this goes...

Scott - what days are you off?

ReneeC:
We'll see where we are when we get a few more responses. If too many people can't come then I'll look for an alternate date. Unfortunately it will be impossible to find a date that suits everyone. I'm keeping track and it's a wait and see where this goes...

Scott - what days are you off?

Currently, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thrusday. After the first of the year everything is going to get screwed up. We're going back to 8 hour shifts which means only 2 days off and I have no idea which days I'll end up with until after the bid in January.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom