East Timor: Oct 30 pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
98744-10-30bf_016.jpg

98744-10-30bf_155bw.jpg

98744-10-30bf_078.jpg

Great pics - the eels are my favorite too.

alcina:
Also great catch on the little guy in the last shot - what is he??
Thanks alcina. I look very closely at feather stars with the hopes of finding one that harbors a harlequin pipefish (no luck so far) but a funny little fish with black and yellow stripes and wrinkley skin came swimming out of this one. After closer inspection there was this second little guy hiding inside. I'm not sure what kind of fish they are.

calypsonick:
Thanks alcina. I look very closely at feather stars with the hopes of finding one that harbors a harlequin pipefish (no luck so far) but a funny little fish with black and yellow stripes and wrinkley skin came swimming out of this one. After closer inspection there was this second little guy hiding inside. I'm not sure what kind of fish they are.

Pretty sure it is a type of clingfish, I don't think they are that uncommon on feather stars but hard to spot (I've tried but never found one) - good job nick.

calypsonick:

Hi Nick,

Great shots. The little guy hidding in the feather stars is a crinoid clingfish (Discotrema crinophila)....cool find!

Jovin-

The crinoid clingfish often come in pairs if you look into the crinoids very closely - they're really hard to spot... What I find remarkable is that they have always a similar or the same colour as the croinoid - so far I've seen yellow, red, black, orange, green and striped ones... :wink:

excellent shots.....All of 'em!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom