New Inon Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went to UW Digital Camera this morning to check things out again. Still drooling and thinking of buying the Inon 180. They have the New D-2000 that supposedly replaces the 180. What, if anything have any of you heard about this strobe? Looks pretty interesting, with TTL control too!

Have only heard good things about the new strobe, but don't know anyone who has one yet.

I love my INON 220s, which I think is what the new one replaces. The new one has more manual settings as well as ttl. I like manual control of my strobes, so it would have been a contender. I do not feel like I am missing out by not having the new one, though...ask me in a year :wink:

my two cents is always buy more strobe - as much as you can afford, don't cut corners here...more manual is better, I think.

I saw the new strobe at DEMA....very cool! 15 manual power settings and it's designed to work with the cameras TTL.

BobF of Digital Diver has written a very comprehensive comparison of the available strobes for digital cameras and he's added the new D-2000.....Strobe Comparisons

As I did not have any strobe and need to buy one after have exchange a couple of mail with Mr. Yuzo form UW Digital Camera I finally decided to go for the D 2000.

I ordered it last Thursday and should arrive by the end of this week. I hope…
Unfortunately for you I have to learn from the beginning how to use an external strobe so I do not know how good I will be able to give advices. However as soon as I will use it I will post some picture and let you know how did he work out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom