Texas Hill Country, Jungles and Saltwater all in 4 days....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Beast and I had a great time the last few days. The new Element is very comfortable for traveling and passed the test!

Our first couple of days were spent driving around the Hill Country. Man, have things changed in the years since we had a deer lease out that way. The hills are full of housing additions and vacation mansions, the stores are tourist money pits and all the old-town atmospheres are rapidly going away.

We really did enjoy Enchanted Rock, although we didn't do much hiking.
PA280154.sized.jpg

The river in San Marcos was pretty as always...

PA270113.sized.jpg

We decided to come home Thursday night and head in the opposite direction to Galveston on Friday. It had been years since we'd been to Moody Gardens and the Aquarium and Rainforest Pyramids were our target. We weren't disappointed!

I think this photo shows the humidity inside the Rainforest very well. I took about 10 minutes for my camera to get acclimated and the condensation to disappear. I had a blast in here! Birds, waterfalls, sloths, the heat, the humid smells....
PA290323.sized.jpg

If you haven't been to the Aquarium Pyramid at Moody Gardens, you need to go. We could have spent all day in there. I know it's cheating but I did some virtual diving while I was there. And since this is as close as I'll get to salt water for another few months, I enjoyed the photo opportunites...although the glass did present it's own challenges!

PA290368.sized.jpg

To see the rest of the photos....
Moody Gardens
Hill Country

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom