HELP!!! :) Dive Buddy Needed Nov 6th or 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubandrea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Everyone,

I will be in Redmond for the weekend and would really like to dive on either November 6th or 7th. Is there anyone going out that I could join up with, or someone who would like to go??? I have just completed my DM training and have almost 100 dives, but what I need is someone with a suggestion on where to go, and someone to go with!!!

Andrea

Not sure what my plans are for next weekend. I have several people that I dive with though so between us we should be able to find you a buddy. I'll likely be diving at Seacrest Cove 2 on one of those days.
You should PM NWGratefulDiver as I'm sure that he help you out. He's also an excellent diver.

Alki is about 20 minutes from Redmond. Here is a link.
http://www.pnwscuba.com/directions.htm#alkicove2

scubandrea:
Hey Everyone,

I will be in Redmond for the weekend and would really like to dive on either November 6th or 7th. Is there anyone going out that I could join up with, or someone who would like to go??? I have just completed my DM training and have almost 100 dives, but what I need is someone with a suggestion on where to go, and someone to go with!!!
I'll be available to dive in the morning on the 6th and pretty much anytime on the 7th. As oex2 mentioned in his reply, Cove 2 is the popular dive site up in that area and would be the place to go. PM me or NWGratefulDiver and we can work something out!

Jimmie

Yep, I'd be up for a dive ... tides are such that our options will be limited, but Seacrest is always an option ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks guys! Sound great! I have to rely on your suggestions for where to go. I'm free either day although Saturday is probably better for me since I have to drive home Sunday night. Either way, I'm flexible...

Andrea

How about a couple early afternoon dives on Saturday at Seacrest Cove 2? High tide's about 1 PM, with a moderate 6-foot ebb following. If you're up for a deep dive (max depth about 110) I know where there are a couple resident octopus and possibly a red brotula to look at. A slightly shallower option (90-95 fsw) would be the I-beams.

Second dive we can go looking for the young wolf eel that's been seen lately at around 55 fsw. We can then go play around at the Honey Bear and pilings ... possibly spot a decorated warbonnet or two.

Probably be best to meet around 1 PM ... classes are breaking up by then and we'll have a less crowded cove.

Sound like a plan?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sounds like a FABULOUS plan! I can't wait!

Andrea

NWGratefulDiver:
How about a couple early afternoon dives on Saturday at Seacrest Cove 2? High tide's about 1 PM, with a moderate 6-foot ebb following. If you're up for a deep dive (max depth about 110) I know where there are a couple resident octopus and possibly a red brotula to look at. A slightly shallower option (90-95 fsw) would be the I-beams.

Second dive we can go looking for the young wolf eel that's been seen lately at around 55 fsw. We can then go play around at the Honey Bear and pilings ... possibly spot a decorated warbonnet or two.

Probably be best to meet around 1 PM ... classes are breaking up by then and we'll have a less crowded cove.

Sound like a plan?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:

Sound like a plan?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, where are you seeing the Red Brotula? I've only seen one once under the steel plates near the boundry line at about 60 fsw. From your description I'm guessing you're also seeing one at the far pilings (near pier) at 110 fsw in the same area as the Vermilion Rockfish.

I'd like to increase my chances to see one again.
Gray

I've seen a Red Brotula on a couple of occasions at the dolphins where Olive's den was located. It's usually down towards the bottom half, and usually in between the logs, go slow and look closely.

I'm assuming that is what Bob is referring to as there has been a couple of pretty large gpo's hanging out there for the last 2 weeks as well.

Brian

Well, yes Brian ... that's the place. I haven't been advertising the location because they are very reclusive, and likely to leave if they receive too many visitors. But I was gonna offer, Gray, to show you or tell you next time we see each other at Alki.

FWIW - I've seen several at Les Davis as well. Once last year with Jimmie, we saw three in a single dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom