C.FL Flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, I couldnt make the Ginnie Meetup Saturday, but ended up going on sunday anyway. Man, the place was deserted, which was great! On the way, I stopped by Troy, which is coming down but still looks pretty bad. Flooding is still in the ramp. Also, went by Little River, which is coming down too, but the parking lot is still under a few feet of water I think. Ginnie was pretty flooded, but clear. At Little Devil the water is 7ft deep rather than the usual 3 or 4 ft. Tannic water covers most of the Devils Ear, but down a few feet it clears up, and its cool to look up through it. Ill have some pics later.

Looking forward to the pics of Devils Ear. I dove Little Devil and Devils Eye Saturday, but we didn't go into the tannic water to look for the ear. We dove Blue Grotto and Devils Den as well, but since it was our first time out to those sites, I couldn't tell you whether or not they are high or not - they aren't connected to rivers like you stated in other threads so even if they are high, it may not be substantial...

I'm glad you made it to Troy, by the time we were finished diving Sunday evening it was getting dark so we didn't swing by to get any pics.

Well it doesnt look clear, but it does look diveable!

BTW, the guy with the white tank - it looks like his tank is at a really weird angle in those photos - it might be the angle of the photos to his body, but still looks funky to me. :wink:

jviehe - Looking at your "Site Conditions" area on your website, it shows a "Stop" at Devils Den.

I was there on the 31st and it was relatively clear, we were later in the day, so there was some silt in the water and we had 20-30' visibility. I'm sure it would have been quite a bit clearer in the morning. Regardless, its diveable and enjoyable :D first time there and it was pretty interesting. Just a bit of an update since it doesn't look like you've had any current info on it for a little while...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom