Non-rubber Biofin type fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StSomewhere

Contributor
Reaction score
Iowa, diving capital of... uh... well... uh... nev
I'm interested in the Apollo BioFin/Natures Wing type fins, but would prefer something not 100% rubber (something that doesn't need special handling from the mask, snorkel and that doesn't smell like raw rubber). I'm also interested in the spring straps. However, I'm not interested in a DIY solution.

Are there any other options?

Using biofins for some time now (the gray ones), without any rubber smells. As for the spring straps, you will be able to find them whre you get the fins. Try Leisurepro for both (that's where I got them).

Ari

Hi there. I have some Bio-fins and yes they do smell of rubber. Might be just because they are new though.

You could always try the Atomic Aquatics split-fin. I was impressed with these and they are n't 100% rubber and don't smell either.

http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/AtomicFins.htm

stsomewhere:
(something that doesn't need special handling from the mask, snorkel and that doesn't smell like raw rubber).
Are there any other options?
hi, i have a pair of apollo splits too... only used them on 2 dives so far and they're still new...

i keep them with the rest of my dive gear in the original plastic bag it came in...

mine do smell BUT do i need special handling techniques????

all of a sudden i'm afraid to wreck them (they're $200/pair and i got mine for free... have absolutely NO intention of buying new ones)

Jag

shugar:
mine do smell BUT do i need special handling techniques????

all of a sudden i'm afraid to wreck them (they're $200/pair and i got mine for free... have absolutely NO intention of buying new ones)

No, no special handling for the fins themselves. The problem is that real rubber will discolor the silicone on your mask skirt, etc. if you let it stay in contact too long (like in your dive bag).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom