I want to try scuba!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkelcorey

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm located in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, there, to all of you New Brunswick Scuba/ Snorkelling fans out there. My name's Corey, and I'm new to the under water world of Snorkelling and Scuba. I live in the Moncton area, and I'm thinking about trying the Discover Scuba night progra. I called the Dive shop here in Moncton, to see if there was some one I could talk to about joinning the dive club in Moncton. Are there any Scuba Board members in the Moncton area, besides my self? If there are any, please feel free to contact to me. I don't bite, I'm a nice and easy, gentle person. Thank you for your time and effort. Corey Hansen.

Hi Corey, I am from fredericton, but I have a lot of famliy in moncton. I haven't heard of anyh scuba clubs in moncton... but if u find one could you let me know?? that would be greatly appreciated. Keep in touch if you have any questions feel free to ask.. also u may have better luck finding divers from moncton on EC_divers at yahoo.ca East Coast divers and it's divers from all over the east coast. They are a great help and I am sure you'll get all your answers.

Hi, Fire Diver. I called the Dive shop here in Moncton, and there is a dive club in Moncton. The name of the club is The Moncton Dive Club. They have a web site as well, you should check it out. Thank you for replying. And, thanks for telling to feel free to contact you. I think I'll do that, some time. you have a pleasent evenning, ok? Bye for now. SnorkelCorey

Hey Corey!! I'm the treasurer of the Moncton Dive Club. Our website is www.diveclub.ca and we have a list of the events/excursions that we do there. We had a very busy summer - our first - and it's starting to calm down now. This weekend (Nov 6/7) we are heading up to Atlas Park (north of Bathurst) for the last club event (dive) - anyone is welcome.

We are also having a Christmas Party on Nov 26th if you are interested. There will certainly be lots of scuba talk and it's a good way to meet other divers. We will be having Rick Wellsford as our guest speaker - he was one of the major organizers of the sinking of the Saguenay in Lunenburg as an artificial reef - we're hoping to get tips on how we can sink something closer to home to dive on.

Feel free to email me - Kim.Langille@unb.ca

Cheers,
Kim

Hey Corey

Welcome to the Scuba Board and welcome to Diving. You must get out and get diving there is nothing else like it. I was surprised that FireDiver was unaware of the Moncton Dive Club because both he and Kim are members of EC_Divers. I then looked through the posts and realized that nothing has been mentioned about this club and the only reason I'm aware of it is because one of the guys I dive with religiously Mike Grebler has contributed photos to the website and I've visited it many times. So Kim, if you would like I'd like to add your club in the dive clubs section under Links and make a post on the site with a link to the site.
This is a very active dive club and would be a great one to join.
JK

Will do, Jason!!! I usually just lurk at EC Divers, but Mike did find us somehow. This was our first (and very successful) year as a club - hope it continues.

Kim

This is the first I have heard of the moncton dive club.. Kim has gotten in touch with thorugh priate messages. I usually don't dive through a dive club. My dive buddy and I just go whenever we can. I mentioned to Kim for next summer.. when dive season gets underway for more club members is we have a dive/camping trip to deer island and have a big corn boil or lobster boil. Just to get the divers togetherfrom around the province.... just a thought.......

''Hi, Kim. I just read your response to my question, about the dive club, here in Moncton. I'll accept your invitation to come to your Christmas party, on the 26th, of this month. Thank you for inviting me to it, I really appreciate it a lot. I have a question for you, if you can answer it. At this party, will there be any single people? Or, will it be all divers who are married? Can I bring a friend to the party? I am really interested in being a member of the club. This past summer, I went to Parlee Beach with two people. But, I was the only person who went in the water. I know that Snorkelling by yourself is not a smart thing to do, but, I did it any way. I have a room mate who's got her scuba certification. Her name is Darlene. She really amazes me, a lot. even though she's a parapelgic, she's able to get me movivated. I just love her. Well, I'll go for now. And, I'll send you an e-mail, for sure. Oh, I have one more question for you. One day, my room mate, Darlene, and I went out to buy myself a new diving mask and snorkle. She told me that a Mask/Snorkel set like the one I have can only be used for snorkelling, not for scuba. The mask /snorkel set I have,is really cheap. I bought it at Wal-mart, for 15$. Do you agree with her, on this? What would happen if I did use it for when I try the intro to scuba? Can you let me know when the next intro to Scuba will be after Christmas?

Corey - I replied to you off-board.
$30 per person at McGinnis Landing for the Xmas Party - all are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom