600 dollars to spend on a mask. What should I get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCollin

Reaction score
Hey guys, we had alot of money in health insurance for my mom (she was planning on getting eye surgery, but decided not to use it) Now we have 5 000 dollars left over and I get 600 dollars of it. But I can only use it on something to do with health. In the case of scubadiving anything to do with a perscription (goggles) What kinda kick *** goggle system can I get with this money?

If we dont use the money it goes to waist lol

WoW, thanx for the help. If you MUST know the surgery was to correct her vision. She decided she didnt want it. So my parents gave me the money. Once again thanks for the informative answer Ill be sure to check out that mask.

Anyone actually have some advice? It doesnt HAVE to be 600 dollars. I just want a good mask.

PS: My parents are using the money on their needs also. My first posts states that out of the 5000 dollars she was going to use, I get 600 of it. So yes, she going to buy some glasses with the leftover money. I really dont know what shes going to to with all the money lol

I suggest a SeaVision with the black skirt. For some reason the black skirt seems to seal/fit better than the clear skirted masks. No idea why.

Many choices for prescription dive masks. $600 US should be plenty. Most likely, you should find a good prescription mask near $200. Several suppliers will replace the mask lenses near or at your prescription. I currently have a Ocean Master mask with added prescription. I would not recommend Ocean Master, after two years, the mask broke and leaked badly. I made the mistake of waiting until I turned 40 before buying a prescription mask. I could not read my gauges under water (remember 25% magnication under water). If age is a factor, talk with your eye doctor and LDS. You may want what I am using. My distance presciption is on the top of the lense, and clear glass on the bottom so I can read my gauges. Happy Shopping! Cheers!

I second a seavision Mask. I have a Sea IV with perscription/color correction lenses in it. Cost me $205 or so from a LDS. I also have one of th black skirt ones and it seals perfectly, only time it leaks is when I am purposely flooding it during mask flooding drills.

Matt

buy a $60 mask and take a weekend dive boat and say its for your mental health.

Back
Top Bottom