Uwatec Ascent Rate Indicator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ianr33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Uwatec bottom timer but no manual for it (bought it used from a member of this board) Could someone explain the ascent rate indicator? When ascending a number appears e.g. 37%. Presumably this is 37% of the maximum safe ascent rate? Does it consider 30 feet/second to be the max safe rate? Is it different when really deep?

Also when looking at logged dives I have been told that some dives may have an up arrow in the display,does that indicate exceeding the ascent rate? (Of course I have never seen this icon on my own gauge :wink: )

Thanks

Don't know if you have already been to the Uwatec site, but here is a link to the Diving Instrumets... I am sure you will find yours in there. You can chose the 'download manuals' from the 'home page' as well.

Good luck.

sharkdiver00:
Don't know if you have already been to the Uwatec site, but here is a link to the Diving Instrumets... I am sure you will find yours in there. You can chose the 'download manuals' from the 'home page' as well.

Good luck.

Hi Sharkdiver

Yeah,I already looked there,in the description of the Bottom Timer "it says ascent rate (displayed as a percentage of the allowable ascent rate for any given depth) " but does not state what it considers an allowable ascent rate.

Found the downloadable manuals,but does not seem to be one for the Bottom Timer. Let me know if I am just being slow here !

The asscent rate is variable. it will allow for a faster asscent rate at deeper deeps to prevent additional ongasing. not sure the of the nimbers but may be able to find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom