Mares M1 - no N2 loading graph

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Mares M1 computer that I've used now for a short time. One thing I don't like about it is that it had no graphic representation of your current N2 loading. It only reports the no deco time remaining. Once I surface I don't have an indication of what my loading is except by watching the numbers in the plan mode as they change during the SI.

My questions are, how close to the NDL times is equivalent to the high end of the green zone shown on other computers? ie if I'm at 80 ft and down to 5 minutes am I pushing the limits. How about 10 minutes? You get the the idea. As I rise slowly up to 30 feet I always end up with 90 minutes NDL time left even if I have gotten down to 8 minutes or less remaining at depth.

Perhaps I should start recording what the plan mode tells me about the NDL (at some specific depth - say 60ft) immediately after surfacing and then computing the end of dive group letter based on that info. Just as a record in the dive log since I'd use the plan mode for the next dive in any case.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom