Kona Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

netmage

Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey All,

The family is heading to Kona the week of 2/5. Looking to do a ton of diving. I'd prefer to keep it on the cheap side and take in alot of shore diving - but if there are any must do boat dives - I'd like to know that as well.

Any recommendations for websites/books showing good dive sites...?
Any recommendations for shops renting tanks...?
Any recommendations for dive ops for boat trips...?

My brother and I are squared away great lakes divers - dad is just starting out. So a mixture of advanced and novice sites is in order.

-Tim

If you go to my web site (link is in my signature), on the left hand side is a link to "Resources for Divers." That page will link you to a site where you can go to my page on Hawaii diving where I have included links to various operators with some information about the operators. For renting tanks, you can go to either Kona Honu Divers (new shop) or Sandwich Isle Divers. The place of refuge is a good shore dive (I have some links to shore diving information as well). As far as guide books for general information go, my favorite is the Big Island Revealed (Wizard Publishing).

A LOT of this has been covered in a number of threads in this section of the board. I'd recommend doing a search or two. You'll find a lot of stuff.

The Wizard Pub Book, Jack's Diving Locker, shore dive at Honaunau is my recommendation. But I have written a lot on the subject as have others in other threads.

Always best to search first :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom