Panama City Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings from Texas!! I'm looking at a trip to Panama City sometime (hopefully soon) and was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for boat charter operators and a good local dive shop. I dove the Bay there about 8 years ago and want to go back cause I love the beaches and it's not too long of a road trip. Also if possible how is the diving in the Spring (water temp, vis, etc.). Thanks for the help and if you're ever in Central Texas Aquarena Springs is just a stones throw from my house, drop me a line.

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Greetings from Texas!! I'm looking at a trip to Panama City sometime (hopefully soon) and was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for boat charter operators and a good local dive shop.

E-mail Captain Rosanne of the Tropical Sun, been diving with her for years, excellent service.

I'll be on the boat Sat and Sun, probably.

RosanneoftheSea@knology.net

Tropical Sun Diving Charters
361 Greenwood Circle
Panama City Beach FL 32407
850-913-0211

Diver's Den (hafta google it) is a good shop.

Run, don't walk, away from Panama City Dive Center, because they fill your nitrox tanks to the percent they feel you should have, not that you request.

Flee in terror from Hydrospace in PCB, and anyone that would recommend them.

Your life depends on it.

Hydrospace = Death.

Yes, i usually dive with Splash out of divers Den. Been wholly satisfied.

Try Hydrospace. I think it's located on Thomas Drive around Captain Andersons Seafood Restaurant.

Harbour

*giggle*

Oh the irony and entertainment you just can't find anywhere but on ScubaBoard!

Kimber

TekDiveGirl:
*giggle*

Oh the irony and entertainment you just can't find anywhere but on ScubaBoard!

Kimber

Always read the thread first... :11:

Most of the shops in P.C. are good. I have been taking my groups through Hydrospace mostly and have found that they have more fun on the boats. Safety has always been a top priority. They are the only dive shop in P.C. that requires DAN O2 training from the captains and deckhands. I heard the Tropical Sun lost two divers this past summer that had to be located by a Coast Guard plane. Just something to think about.

Jay_SMART_Diver:
I'm looking at a trip to Panama City... any suggestions for boat charter operators and a good local dive shop.
I like Hydrospace. Good folks.
Jay_SMART_Diver:
how is the diving in the Spring (water temp, vis, etc.).
Nearby springs are Vortex & Morrison. If cave certified Jackson Blue is nearby. All are 68 F (20 C).
Vortex is $25/day and has full facilities. Morrison is free and has bathrooms and showers but no air or on-site staff. Visibility at Vortex and Morrison is indirectly proportional to the number of students in the water, ranging from 200' with no students down to 5' with 200 students.
Have fun.
Rick

Not real impressed with Panama City Scuba Center, But Hydrospace has allways done a good job. Divers Den is top notch as well.

Hey Keysdrifter454, I did read all the post and I am courious what kind of encounter you had with Hydrospace that they seem like a death trap to you? I have dove with them on and off for several years and haven't had any problems. At least none that could be blamed on their operation. Now keep in mind, I am talking about the boat crew, not some of the **** running the shop. :06:

Keysdrifter454:
Hydrospace = Death.
Unmitigated BS..
I'm sure you had your tongue firmly implanted in your cheek when you wrote that (which is the only reason I left it there), but it is so far off the wall as to warrant a comment.
While no dive operation is perfect, Hydrospace is a good one, with an excellent safety record. If you have some specific gripe about their operation, or some horror story (that you can back up, of course) feel free to post it. Broad-brush slams against dive operations without verifiable evidence to support 'em are inappropriate.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom