F/S: BRAND NEW Olympus C5050 and PT-015 Housing + Xtras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My entire rig has just been replaced by Olympus. This stuff isn't almost new - its BRAND NEW. I've moved on to another rig, so it's all gotta go. Good luck trying to find a brand new, never used C5050 someplace else. The Camera and Housing are all in the boxes, still wrapped.

On Sunsay 11/13 it all hits eBay. Don't snooze on this stuff. Here's what's included:

BRAND NEW HOUSING: Olympus PT-015 housing, an extra un-used set of Orings and lube, counter weight lanyard, box and manuals. Also included is the Olympus Close Up Lens (never wet), the PCU-01. All is perfect.

LENS: Olympus Close Up Lens designed specifically for the PT-015. This lens sells for anywhere from $125 to $199 (or more.) Packaging this with the New Housing is an excellent deal. This lens has never been wet.

BRAND NEW Olympus 5050: Included with the Oly 5050 cam, is the Raynox lens armor (the best ther is), and a Moose Warm Circular Polarizer. The Remote, the batteries, cables and strap are still sealed and have also never been used.

Links to Pics of all below.

INFO: I've split this stuff up to accomodate the person that wants a complete rig, someone just looking for the camera, or a housing without getting into shooting with a strobe, or someone just looking for a killer deal on an Oly land Camera.

If you're considering making your first the plunge to underwater photography, you can do no better that this rig.

No Freight for SB members until 11/13/04. If you're in SoCal, pick up is OK. Send me a PM if you're interested in this rig or have any questions.

Thanks -

Ken

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Oly Close Up Lens

The CAM #1

The CAM #2

The CAM #3

ASKING

* Housing, Close Up Lens: $250

* Oly 5050 Cam Outfit: $450

What is the shutter response time on this camera? I have
a Nikon Coolpix 5700 but the shutter lag is just too much for
me. I want something that is faster, not to mention the housing
on my best retails for $700.

Thanks.

Derek S:
What is the shutter response time on this camera? I have
a Nikon Coolpix 5700 but the shutter lag is just too much for
me. I want something that is faster, not to mention the housing
on my best retails for $700.

Thanks.

As with all prosumer digicams, there is Shutterlag. Go look through the Oly forum and see some of the amazing shots some of our ScubaBoard artists are able to capture with this little camera.

K

*** UPDATES ***

I dropped the price on the camera, and will include freight (no charge for shipping) for all SB members until 11/13/04.

PM if you're interested.

Thanks

Ken

Ken,

would this be the replacement of the one that was mishandled in the Keys?? I take it you arent still annoyed about that now it seems to have been rectified! Good luck with the sale, if i had the moolah i might have bought that sweet rig - is that $700 for the whole deal? You had some good shots on those dives. :wink:

Mo2vation:
As with all prosumer digicams, there is Shutterlag. Go look through the Oly forum and see some of the amazing shots some of our ScubaBoard artists are able to capture with this little camera.

K

Actually the Sony's DSC-1V, and 3V are about the fastest prosumer camera's on the market.

The OLY is not bad, but can take over a second to focus, and shoot. The Sony is more like .4-.6 seconds.

Unfortunately the dive housing on the Sony is much more expensive.

Ron

simbrooks:
Ken,

would this be the replacement of the one that was mishandled in the Keys?? I take it you arent still annoyed about that now it seems to have been rectified! Good luck with the sale, if i had the moolah i might have bought that sweet rig - is that $700 for the whole deal? You had some good shots on those dives. :wink:

Yup

Oly kept draggin' a$$ and I kept calling - and they didn't fix the stuff, Simon. THEY SENT NEW STUFF.

I was pretty shocked with it rolled in yesterday. Sending new stuff is good, sending new stuff, I dunno, 2 MONTHS AGO would have been better... :11ztongue

Its all good. Its a Killer rig. You should see the Mola someone just posted shot with this same rig... unreal.

Ken

Say Ken, I sent you a PM about your gear - did not see a relpy so just wondering if you received my message...

Ray

*** SOLD ***

Thanks ScubaBoard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom