Monroe Co Rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are looking at renting a cabin in Monroe Co for a couple of weeks of diving but they say local regulations require us to sign a 28day lease. Is this a scam or for real?
What are the good operators in that area?

wedivebc:
We are looking at renting a cabin in Monroe Co for a couple of weeks of diving but they say local regulations require us to sign a 28day lease. Is this a scam or for real?
What are the good operators in that area?
There is some truth to what you've been told. Transient rentals are tightly regulated here. Most residential-zoned properties cannot legally be rented for less than a month at a time. However, certain condos, campgrounds, trailer parks, etc. have "grandfathered-in" exceptions to the 28 day rule. Where in the Keys are you looking to stay?

KeyLargoBrent:
There is some truth to what you've been told. Transient rentals are tightly regulated here. Most residential-zoned properties cannot legally be rented for less than a month at a time. However, certain condos, campgrounds, trailer parks, etc. have "grandfathered-in" exceptions to the 28 day rule. Where in the Keys are you looking to stay?
The missus was looking at Summerland Key. I guess she was looking at more of a mansion than a cabin. It seems to have a dive sight just off the front.

We have used Coldwell Banker Schmitt Real Estate for 11 yrs running with reasonable prices on nice homes.For about 2 1/2 x times the weekly rate you get a month.Thier #s 800-488-3050 &305-872-3050.

wedivebc:
The missus was looking at Summerland Key. I guess she was looking at more of a mansion than a cabin. It seems to have a dive sight just off the front.
Bahia Honda State Park (on Big Pine Key) has some nice rental "cabins". Ed & Ellens Accommodations also has some rentals (duplexes, I think) on Big Pine. Let me know if you need contact info.

wedivebc:

All homes in Summerland Key have a minimum 28 day rental period. Creative realtors can help with that, somewhat.

Thanks for all the help! I can't wait to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom