Thursday, November 4 weigh in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nomaster

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
It's rough being in Korea, I've stalled until almost 4 pm and still I'm the first to post.
I have another inauspicious beginning. I have done nothing for my fitness this past week, and to make matters worse, my students and fellow teachers have taken me to dinner four times this week. [Why am I all of a sudden so popular?] The timing is very questionable. All that extra, fatty, food (It's a culture thing). Well, only two of the meals were that bad.
I have other excuses, but other than very little sleep these past few weeks (for lack of exercise, I'm sure), I'll spare you the whining.
I gained almost three pounds!!!
I will be a good boy!
I WILL!!

Tom

Down 1.8 pounds this week - woohoo, I can see the door to sub-330 now...

Tom, try to get up an extra 15 to 20 minutes early and go for a brisk walk. Do that a few days a week for a few weeks and it'll become habit. Getting the ball rolling is the hardest part, but once in motion, hard to stop.

"A body in motion leaves an impression, a body at rest leaves a dent in the couch" - I'll have to look up the author for proper credit, but it is truth :)

-Frank

Hey Tom, glad to see you stil here. And Frank, I have faith in you. I know what you do every day for your workouts now ;-)

As for me, down 1#. Still sor of a plateau, but slight movement

Week -Date -Loss/Gain Weight -Total loss
1. 4/8 0 274
2. 4/15 -4 270 4
3. 4/23 -1 269 5
4. 4/30 -3 266 8
5. 5/7 0 266 8
6. 5/16 -4 262 12
7. 5/22 0 262 12
8. 5/27 0 262 12

21. 8/26 +2, 250, 24
22. 9/2, -2, 248, 26
23. 9/9, -2, 246, 28 (56% of goal)
24. 9/16, -2, 244, 30
25. 9/26, +1, 245, 29
26. 9/30, -1, 244, 30
27. 10/7, +1, 245, 29
28. 10/14, -2, 243, 31
29. 10/21, +2, 245, 29
30. 10/28, -2, 243, 31
31. 11/4, -1, 242, 32

Frank,

Ain't it the truth, even knowing and having done it in the past, overcoming the momentum is the hardest part for me.
One foot in front of the other.

Tom

Not a Good week!! Up 2 lbs. And I refuse to whine about it!! I know what I did wrong, and I will TRY NOT to make the same mistakes this week. Fingers crossed for next week! Turtle Gal

scuba-punk:
Down 1.8 pounds this week - woohoo, I can see the door to sub-330 now...

Tom, try to get up an extra 15 to 20 minutes early and go for a brisk walk. Do that a few days a week for a few weeks and it'll become habit. Getting the ball rolling is the hardest part, but once in motion, hard to stop.

"A body in motion leaves an impression, a body at rest leaves a dent in the couch" - I'll have to look up the author for proper credit, but it is truth :)

-Frank
I finally got off my FAT . . . Monitor and got started, it was a great walk! The leaves are falling, mostly down, Autumn air, Spicy smells from the forest floor.
Tomorrow again.

Tom

There isn't an edit key showing or I'd just add to my last post.
I went on my 2.5 hour walk again yesterday, and will again today if I get my chores done in time. I have to do some running around to prepare to dive this weekend.
I still don't understand my reluctance to begin hiking again, the only hurt is in my knees, and that is bearable, as long as I'm kind ot them.
Sometimes the light shines, and not only in Shamballa!

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom