good Buoyancy class?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be the first to admit I have a problem, and I need help with my buoyancy (I'm not a reef-crasher, just an inflator-fusser). Is there a good (pool) class near Redmond, WA that happens on a fairly regular basis? I'm going to have an erratic schedule this winter; but would really like to have a better handle on it before diving next May in Hawaii.

cowprintrabbit:
I will be the first to admit I have a problem, and I need help with my buoyancy (I'm not a reef-crasher, just an inflator-fusser). Is there a good (pool) class near Redmond, WA that happens on a fairly regular basis? I'm going to have an erratic schedule this winter; but would really like to have a better handle on it before diving next May in Hawaii.

You have some very excellent people in your area. Uncle Pug, NorthWestGrateful Diver, overexposed2 come to mind immediately. NWGD is an instructor and maybe able to arrange a class for you.

Then again, if you have the time on Dec 4th I'm conducting a seminar on mastering buoyancy control.

I'm diving all the time. If you want to work on some skills I'd be happy to get together. NWGrateful Diver is an awesome instructor and he is a lot of fun to dive with. Uncle Pug has taught me volumes. Either of those two would be great to hook up with.

cowprintrabbit:

Christine I would be happy to help you out. Perhaps we could start by simply hooking up sometime just to talk about the symptoms, your gear, and some common issues that cause inflator-fussing ... :wink:

If you want some pool time I can arrange that as well.

Or, if you want to dive, like OE2X said ... we routinely do bouyancy control skills practice, and you're welcome to join us at any time.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Christine I would be happy to help you out. Perhaps we could start by simply hooking up sometime just to talk about the symptoms, your gear, and some common issues that cause inflator-fussing ... :wink:

If you want some pool time I can arrange that as well.

Or, if you want to dive, like OE2X said ... we routinely do bouyancy control skills practice, and you're welcome to join us at any time.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob-
That would be great! I just started a part-time holiday job, so I'll PM you when I get a handle on my schedule.

Thanks, everyone for the offers to dive! I am still too newbie to think about trying to dive dry (I can see the runaway ascent now...) and it's a leetle cold out there to go wet I think. I think pool practice is probably my best option for right now :)

cowprintrabbit:
Thanks, everyone for the offers to dive! I am still too newbie to think about trying to dive dry (I can see the runaway ascent now...) and it's a leetle cold out there to go wet I think. I think pool practice is probably my best option for right now :)

Learning to dive dry isn't too difficult. Combine it with some buoyancy training in the pool and in no time you'll be ready for OW drysuit diving.

I have some excellent training drills to use in the pool to master buoyancy skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom