first time diving in florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fiddler

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be in stuart from nov. 30th to dec. 5th I'd greatly appreciate any info on sites or boats. If anyone is willing to do some shore dives with me that would be fantastic. I'm aow with nitrox certified. I've never done any warm water diving. Mainly jersey wrecks jetties and local rivers.

Go South! That's were the beach diving is.
Bring a 3mil, water temps are starting to dip. Will be about 75-77 first of December.
There are tons and tons of threads on shore diving here in the Conch forum. Look for LTBS (lauderdale by the sea), Pompano, or Hollywood. You are looking at about an hour+ drive south to experience the best beach diving in the US.

hi there,
if this is your first taste of warm water, you will be forever hooked! I got it so bad that I can't even think of water cooler than 80.
Alas I will not be around to join you for a dive- I am sure some resident conch's will sort you out though.

Stuart, Fort Pierce and area is still shot from the canes, actually it is getting to that 1 - 5' viso time of year here. Last dive in Jupiter from a drift dive was about 35' as the current was very mild. Time before that was 80' though! I concur with the Hollywood beach diving though! I have not dove down there since the late eighties. I once lived on Jackson street and Surf Road.. wow where those the days!

Post what days you are interested there is always a taker on this board.

I'll be flying in on the 30th out on the 4th. swmbo is putting a damper on the time frame.

Heya fiddler! I'm in Port St Lucie just a shout from where you'll be staying. If I get doctor clearence to dive by then (post-op stuff) I'd love to hook up and dive. As Eric already said, diving here is shot. There are some nice areas in Palm Beach, provided the current isn't heading south (brings in the funk water with bad viz). I personally love to head down to Pompano for some amazing shore dives, it's worth the (almost) 2 hour drive.

If I'm not able to dive by then (sob....sob) my husband can usually dive on Sundays. Send me a pm with your 411 and we'll figure something out.... You MUST hang with a Florida Conch Diver while your here (unwritten law :eyebrow: )

Cheers,
Vickie

ps..... the water will be warming here then your use to, but it's still gonna be chilly, and those SI's.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!, bring a warm fuzzy jacket to bundle up in :wink:

unfortunately as far as your husband is concerned as I said above I'm flying in tue out on sat. 1/2 -2hr drive is fairly common for me. I'd love to hook up for a shore dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom