Seeking Key Largo Report for 11/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all-

I am headed to Key Largo for the weekend (Nov. 6-7) and just wondered how the water and vis is looking.

Thanks in advance.

Matt S.
Fort Myers Beach, FL.

matts1w:
Hi all-

I am headed to Key Largo for the weekend (Nov. 6-7) and just wondered how the water and vis is looking.

Thanks in advance.

Matt S.
Fort Myers Beach, FL.

Matt, things look goo in Key Largo. Last weekend vis around the reef was down to about 30 - 40' but it improved during the week. Surface water temp remains at 81.
I will be doing a couple of shallow reef dives tomorrow morning around Molasses reef and the Christ of the Abyss. Did the Duane a couple of weeks ago and the current wasn't bad with 60' vis. Have fun.

aren't the seas a little rough this weekend???

matts1w:
Hi all-

Thanks in advance.

Matt S.
Fort Myers Beach, FL.

Diving was great today in the Lower Keys. Flat seas...40 feet vis.

Saturday will be winds near 15 knots..2-3 foot seas. Same thru all the weekend. If you get seasick..take your favorite seasick preventative.

and a sweatshirt. Post dive air temps may feel a bit chilly this weekend. Viz is good... 40-80' depending on the location. Seas will likely be on the bumpy side. Come on down!

matts1w:
Hi all-

Thanks in advance.

Matt S.
Fort Myers Beach, FL.

Had a great weekend with Island Reef Divers doing several very mellow dives on Molassis, French and the Benwood. This was the first time I have dove with my dad in twelve years as he just kind of fell out of it after I left for college way back when. I was finally able to talk him back in the water and we had a blast. The only down side was the freezing cold rain today.

By the way, if you like a dive op who lets you do what you want, is freindly, serves as a guide and not a dictator, and is a small operation, then check out Island Reef Divers at about MM 99.5. They are good people.

Matt S.
Fort Myers Beach, FL

thanks for the update post Matt- glad you had a good time- so, what were the seas like? were they a little choppy?- what size boat did the operation have?

munkispank:
thanks for the update post Matt- glad you had a good time- so, what were the seas like? were they a little choppy?- what size boat did the operation have?

Saturday was more than a little choppy. Luckily my family is blessed with the no-seasick-gene. Sunday was just cold and rainy, but pretty calm. I would guess the boat we were on was 26-28?

thanks for the update- lord I wish I had your genes- I have been known to feed the fish on a shore dive!!!!

KeyLargoBrent:
and a sweatshirt. Post dive air temps may feel a bit chilly this weekend. Viz is good... 40-80' depending on the location. Seas will likely be on the bumpy side. Come on down!

Do you get people coming down in January?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom