which island in Hawaii is best for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AsianJudie

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to spend a 11-day vacation in Hawaii. May I have someone tell me which island of Hawaii is best for diving and what the water temprature is, and from which trip planner I can get a nice diving package, including boat diving and nice quiet hotel/motel, etc.?

Well, I am sure if you do a search you will find tons of information and opinions. Of the usual islands (not including Molokai and Lanai since most people don't stay there) the Islands rank in order as follows: Big Island, Maui, Kauai, Oahu. As far as operators, I have posted some information (and links) to various operators on the Big Island and Maui. You can find this information in the Resources for Divers link on the left hand side of my opening page. If you are booking for more than a couple of days, many operators offer discounts.

As far as trip planners, that is really variable. I have gone through SunTrips, Pleasant Hawaiian and Expedia. They were all good. It just depends on who has the best deal at the time.

I did a little search for you here on the board. If you check out the threads that are from the Ohana forum I am sure you will find lots of information.

one question from my side...what kind of diving you you like?

This thread has gone around a couple times in the past week. Do a little search and you'll find a lot. Try searching 'Kona' and there's a bunch of info on Big Island.

I've only ever dove Big Island and Kauai. I'd recommend Big Island. But do a search and you can find a lot of info on all of them, as well as operators, books to buy, etc...

Gregg

AsianJudie:
Hi, I am going to spend a 11-day vacation in Hawaii. May I have someone tell me which island of Hawaii is best for diving and what the water temprature is, and from which trip planner I can get a nice diving package, including boat diving and nice quiet hotel/motel, etc.?

Most dive operators give good deals for repetitive dive packages. Here is a good site for a customer ranked list of dive operations in the islands, reguardless of which island you end up on...

http://www.scubalinx.com/dive_centers_oahu.html

Aloha,
C.C.

Thank all of your information. I like to dive in tropical water. Can you please tell me what water temproture is in Howaii?

Low 80s at the surface.

I heard the water temps have dipped below 80 recently.

i dove maui 4 days last week, temps were never below 80,

Well not everyones computer reads the same. My friends read 78 on the backwall. :)

Back
Top Bottom