LDS has used aeris 750 gt, good or no?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

84CJ7

Contributor
Reaction score
The local dive shop owner has his own aeris 750 gt for sale for 400 plus another 50 or so for the computer link thing and 25 or something like that for a quick disconnect for the little sender. I figured its best to get opinions on whether or not this is a good deal before I buy it. I trust and like this dive shop owner more than the others because he suggests things but never pushes anything on me. The unit is being sent to aeris for a complete checkup and calibration first and it will have new batteries (user replaceable) when I get it. Apparenly this was $1200 stuff (lds prices) a few years ago, but he replaced it with newer stuff because the companies almost give it to him to use (and show off) so its economical to keep getting new ones for him.

Its an air intgrated, computer linkable nitrox wrist computer for those that dont know and I have to have all those features (wrist is optional, console would work too) before id bother investing in a computer over just a regular 3 gauge setup.
He said he also is getting in more of the newer models and has them at a discount (atmos 2 maybe?) for $800 if I wanted, but I dont have that much to spend, its this or nothing.
The only review I could find on this talked about constant communication problems with the wrist unit and transmitter underwater, despite being replaced with new ones 4 times, so iam a little nervous, anyone have any experience with these?

Edit: actually with a little more research iam now wary of hoseless in general, especially this unit, and I really dont know about that price either. maybe this isnt such a good deal.

84CJ7:
The only review I could find on this talked about constant communication problems with the wrist unit and transmitter underwater, despite being replaced with new ones 4 times, so iam a little nervous, anyone have any experience with these?

Edit: actually with a little more research iam now wary of hoseless in general, especially this unit, and I really dont know about that price either. maybe this isnt such a good deal.

I had one for about 6 months. Experienced loss of signal on almost every dive. Sold it on Ebay for a hosed system (I have a Suunto Vytec now in addition to the hosed system, and have never experienced loss of signal on a dive).

Bought one on a close-out 2.5 years ago. It has worked perfectly for over 70 dives. I have never had any communication problems with the sender.

The price seems a little steep. I paid $300 new in the box. Did not get all the fancy interface stuff.

Jim Hiatt

Both my wife and I have this unit. The screen is large and easy to read.

I've never been able to find the software/connector for the unit. My understanding is that the software wasn't that good compared to other models. Perhaps your dealer could show you some printouts from its dive log.

I frequently experienced the loss of signal problem. My wife has not. If you're a Nitrox diver, the need to reset the O2 percentage on every dive will drive you nuts.

Too much for a used computer. If you are set on buying an Aeris hoseless computer spend $675 and get a brand new Aeris Elite. Or spend that $475 on a new Aeris AI.

Back
Top Bottom