Very pleased with Tusa's IQ-700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msandler

Reaction score
aka Dive-Rite Nitek Duo or Cressi Archimedes or Apeks .... et al.

Bought it for my girlfriend(wife). Hasn't been wet yet but my 1st impressions are hugely positive. I mostly dive a gauge or an old Aladdin Pro. I also have a Atmos2 (my son's). For what its worth, unless the IQ-700 doesn't work underwater, this has got to be the best bang-for-the-buck computer available today. Two gases on the fly, easy to use buttons, the intuitve display and "setup" makes it super easy to navigate through the screens and change settings (you don't even need the straight forward manual).

Special Thanks to Larry and ScubaToys! Great price, great people and expeditious service. In the past I have steered away from the classic Brick and Mortar Local Dive shops. I am glad I gave ScubaToys a try and will continue to do so.

thanks for listening :)

yeah, I like mine, too. In fact I just got the 800 also, I'll use one of them as a backup in gauge mode. The 800 only has 1 gas setting. I still have yet to find a computer interface for it. The website doesn't even have the computer on it, let alone the computer uplink.

babar

Got the Apeks branded model about a month ago. They are great underwater. Programming gases is a dream compared to my old AWAC.

Still waiting to hear when the download kit will be released.

Got a message back from DiveRite support saying there was "a prototype download cradle for the Duo floating around the office just the other day". The unofficial guesstimate was that it should be available on a retail basis in something "less than six months".

I'm personally going with the DiveRite version (NiTek Duo) because I'm very happy with the quality of the DiveRite products I've gotten so far and I like the response times from their customer service group. And their NiTekLogic software seems to at least be a known quantity.

YMMV. :)

The Dive-Rite manual is better than the one that comes with the Tusa (more thorough). Fortunately the DR manual can be downloaded in "pdf" :)

I doubt if the FO2 would reset if you were on a dive when the midnight hour passed, since the computer would be in Dive mode. Kind of like how you can't change settings during the dive on most computers.

teknitroxdiver:
I doubt if the FO2 would reset if you were on a dive when the midnight hour passed, since the computer would be in Dive mode. Kind of like how you can't change settings during the dive on most computers.

Yes upon reading the Nitek Duo instruction manual, the FO2 will not change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom