Sunnto O-Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DontLieToMe

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Suunto Vytec and Cobra and want to get some spare o-rings. Anyone know the specification or where I can get them. I don't want to pay the prices of the dive store for a "kit" that is nothing more than a readily available battery and an o-ring.

That's interesting since the local dive shop, which is the Suunto dealer in the area, is not selling the official kit. They are putting a battery and an o-ring in a zip-loc bag and selling them for $15.00 each. The cost of the battery is around $2 and the o-rings cost about $.37 each. I just ordered 30 o-rings on-line for $11.

DontLieToMe:
That's interesting since the local dive shop, which is the Suunto dealer in the area, is not selling the official kit. They are putting a battery and an o-ring in a zip-loc bag and selling them for $15.00 each. The cost of the battery is around $2 and the o-rings cost about $.37 each. I just ordered 30 o-rings on-line for $11.

Hey you got the size info on that o-ring?

Metric size per manual is 31.47 MM X 1.78 MM BN70. This translates to 1.239 inches ID X 0.07 inches cross section. I bought 30 pieces / $11.7 per pkg ($0.39 each) at
www.oringsusa.com. You can buy the battery, CR 2450, at Radio Shack and lots of places for a few dollars.

This is probably a stupid question, but when you replace an O-ring in a Suunto Cobra do you use silicon grease and, if so, how much do you use?

TIA

Bump

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom