Morrison Springs 11/13 or 11/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone interested in a dive at Morrison Springs this weekend? I'm open for both days and I'm testing the waters with my friends along with everyone here online to see what kind of participation we can get with each day. If there is enough interest in both days, I'm not against diving both :)

It'd be an early dive, around 8AM.

Anyone interested? Free chance to get wet, just bring a full tank(two's better than one!) as there are no compressors or shops onsite(although Vortex has a full shop and its less than 10miles up the road).

I wish I could go but I'm headed to TN this weekend. I'm looking forward to a report though.

No prob, may even get some pics with my friends SeaLife.

Looks like we'll be out there on both dates, the 13th and 14th so we can get everyone in the water this weekend :)

Its probably a good thing I like the place so much :D

The pricing is totally reasonable :)

A whopping $0.

The state owns it now and the dive shop closed up, so the nearest air, dive store, is located at Vortex Springs, which is about 10miles north of Morrison. While the price is right, you do have to bring all your own gear and your own tanks. Should be about 3 1/2 - 4 hours of driving from you. Exit 96 off of I-10, head south for about 3 miles, take a left on 181(by this time there will also be signs heading you into the right direction), then take a right on Morrison Springs Rd all the way to the end. :)

Cool, I'll actually be in Tally this weekend, so it should cut a bit off the drive. I'll also have whatever's left of a day at JB, so gas isn't a problem. When are you planning on being there on Saturday?

We're meeting at the spring at 8AM. If I remember correctly, its about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from Exit 96 to Tally so be prepared for an early morning :wink: Its a 2 hour drive for us, so don't feel too bad.

Doing the dive early because the spring visibility is absolutely pristine before classes start showing up. There is alot of decaying duckweed on the surface that likes to hang mid-water once its kicked up. Vis can go from 100'+ to 20-30' real quick with the right classes walking down to depth :wink:

Wish I could be with you all, but I had prior plans to dive lake latrine (lanier) this weekend. Would rather be going to Morrison Springs, heh. Looking forward to a dive report, have fun and be safe.. :)

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom