nikonos v

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hey guys im planning to buy a used nikonos v either from a person i know here or on ebay.. any suggestions on what i should or should not do? is the nikonos v worth it?

i heard that this camera is the thing to have.

How much do you know about photography in general? If you not alrealy comfortable with a manual camera on land you'll probably face a steep learning curve.

diver371:
hey guys im planning to buy a used nikonos v either from a person i know here or on ebay.. any suggestions on what i should or should not do? is the nikonos v worth it?

i heard that this camera is the thing to have.

If you can get the 15mm lens for wide shots a 35mm lens with ext tubes & framers for macro.
My wife and I just got back from Roatan where she used the Nikonos for the first time and got some awesome macro shots.

Used is OK. Just factor in about $150 for a complete overhaul from a Nikonos repair shop you can trust. Make sure it includes a pressure test.

Don't let yourself be suckered into a Nik IV. The door seals are better on the V, and the metering is way better.

All the best, James

FWIW, I have a Nikonos V w/ 28mm lens, extension tube, ikelite stobe, and some other goodies that hasn't seen the water since being serviced a few months ago. It's looking for new home but I haven't gotten around to putting it on ebay yet...

wow i've only been out an hour and i got all these responses!!

i am deeply thinking of getting one.. i think ill go bid on ebay right now. where do i go to for an overhaul? i am in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, it's not as easy to find those things. Should i check with a nikon dealer?

cornfed

how much do you think you would you sell yours for? how many years have you had it? do you have any pictures of it's "work"?

Jay

diver371:
where do i go to for an overhaul? i am in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, it's not as easy to find those things. Should i check with a nikon dealer?
I sent mine to a place in Texas and I know of another in Floridia but I'd have to look it up. I get the impression that it's a small community so you might try contacting them and seeing if they know of any service centers overseas.
The place in Texas is, http://www.southern-nikonos.com/

diver371:
how much do you think you would you sell yours for? how many years have you had it? do you have any pictures of it's "work"?
No, what's why I'm selling it. LOL

I bought it off a friend who never really used it and I think I used it once. I haven't really thought about the price. I've been meaning to look through some closed ebay listings to get a ball park. However, I forgot that you're in UAE. I have no idea what shipping would be like.

shipping will cost a lot. the minimum i'm guessing would be around 60$.

*sigh* where's a teleportation station when you need one.

the camera will be used by my dad as well. he's been taking pictures from the age of 12.

i think it will be a good investment. i just called the nikon dealer in the UAE. don't you hate it when you are put on hold when you really want something done!! well ill call them in a bit. the community here isn't really small, but when you want something so specific, it is harder to find and more difficult to acquire.

i just talked to my brother. he said that i should check out the dealers' profiles on ebay before i buy anything.

jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom