Aladin Pro Downloading Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n2thebluec

Registered
Reaction score
Folks,
I have had an Aladin Pro with the Memo Mouse for several years and from the very beginning it has been a hassle and a problem to download my dives. I alway download my dives to the Memo Mouse first then when I connect the Memo Mouse and the Aladin Pro to my PC, 90% of the time I get the message that there is no communication between the Aladin Pro and the Memo Mouse. This seems to have gotten progressively worse over the last couple of years and since my last dive trip, I've not been able to get it to work at all.
I really enjoy having an electronic log of all my dives and I want this thing to work. I've thought that maybe one of the wires is broken that come from the Memo Mouse, but if this is the case, how can I download my dives to the Memo Mouse with no problem every single time? It's just when I try to download to the PC that this problem happens.
Has anybody had similar problems and did you find a solution (other than buying another computer!)?
Thanks!

If you are in anyway technical/electronic, why not make your own connection to the pc?

Do you have a componants store like Maplins near your, then buy a serial cable (one would connect to the printer, or an old mouse.
Then you need a soldering iron and add a small amount of solder to two bared inner cables of the serial cable.

this is where it gets technical. the cables that you need to solder are from connections 2, 5 & 10. I know I have given you three, but it has been a long time since i did this for myself - 8 years - If you have a circuit tester then when the serial cable is plugged into the pc, test which cables are giving out a 5v ping and those are your two cables.

Then, because your soldering went really well, you will be able to plug the two cables into your Aladin direct and it will send the information to the Datatrak software.

I did this when they first came out and it worked for me for about 4 years until I changed my aladin to a Uwatec

Hi Belushi,
I take it from your response that you suspect one of the leads to the memo mouse may be broken, is this right? I didn't know it was possible to connect the aladin directly to my PC, I thought it had to go through the memo mouse.
Back to point one, if there is a broken wire, why am I able to download the aladin to the memo mouse?
I have some old mouses so using the cable from one of them to run directly to the aladin would be no problem, but there are dives on the memo mouse that I want to download. I think what I'll try first is to just replace the cables on the memo mouse and see if that is indeed the problem. You may hear from me again on this if I still can't get it to work. Thank you very much for your input.
Regards,

Before you change anything. Change the 9 volt battery in the memo mouse. That did not work for me the second time, but did the first. So I then changed the directory ( the place where the dives are saved) just make a new name. So far mine works well now and I am downloading from 3 different alladins.

HI Terence,
I haven't tried changing the battery this time although I have in the past. I'll give it a shot and see what happens, I'll also try saving to a different file and see if that helps.
Thanks for the input.
n2thebluec

Back
Top Bottom