Panama City Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I have recently viewed negative comments about Hydrospace Dive Shop. I was just wanting to know some specific examples of poor experiences. I have been diving there for many years and have NEVER experienced any of the claimed bad trips. Any info would be GREAT. Specific trips and crew if possible.
Thank You.

I dove with hydrospace on October 24th. Did an inshore trip and went to the black bart and bridge span #14. I don't exactly remember the Captain or first mate's name as I am bad with names the first time I meet people. I was on the boat the reef runner. Seas were a little bit rough, so many people were sick. Luckily I took bonine before getting on the boat so I managed. I didn't see any problems with there orginzation except one small complaint. When boarding the boat they just threw everybody's fins in the middle of the deck and left them there. I gathered mine and my buddies fins immediately and stowed them. He was seasick so the second he got back on the boat he headed leeward. Of course some of the other divers just left their fins lie in the middle of the deck for quite some time. That was my only problem with the trip.

I also saw someone on the forum here say hydrospace was a bad operation so I sent him a PM to discuss the matter. He has stated that he has heard, as well as seen with his own eyes were hydrospace was telling people they didn't need to analyze their tanks since they used a membrane system. I don't know if this is true or not, but telling people to not analzye there tanks could in the future create injuries or even worse.

Matt

I too have used Hydrospace many times and I haven't recalled any issues with them. I've had great experiences with Capt. Jeff and Mate Robert has always been great. I was told about one diver that fell off of the boad while en-route to one of the dive sites but this was due to the fact that the lady was pukeing off the side and leaned too far over the railing. Don't think that anything could have been done to stop that one.
I always feel safe with Hydrospace and they have always treated me right. However it doesn't matter who I'm diving with. I check my gear and then re-check it and have my brother (my dive buddy) check my gear over a 3rd time. If I'm going to have an incident/accident I don't every want it to be because I didn't check my gear and just took any DM or operators word for my "Life Support System". My life is worth more than that.
Anyway looking forward to diving with Hydrospace again in the near future.

Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom