simple scallopes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid

私は寿司およびアジア女性を食べるã
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, My wife and I went to Red Lobsters the other day, and one of the dishes they served us was scallopes. Butter and lemon, baked.
For the last three nights we have been enjoying my version.
Bay scallopes 1-2 cups
Butter 1-2 tbs melted
Lemon juice 1-2 tsp
Bread crumbs 1-2tbs
Parsley chopped 1 tbs
Garlic powder to suit
Pepper to suit
Preheat oven to 450
place scallopes in ovenware with ingrediants
sprinkle bread crumbs, pepper, garlic powder, parsely and mix.
Bake for 10 minutes

Enjoy, it's a great side dish or a light dinner with salad.

ooo I love diving for scallops, one way you could make that even better is to get the larger scallops and since you are in the bay area, I bet you could get whole live scallops from China town. We gather them in Bodega Bay and just boil them, I have heard of divers eating them raw while on a dive.

My favorite trick with the bay scallops is to brown some butter & garlic, then toss the critters in & roll them around quick. Remove from heat & dump over pasta.
Less heat on the things the better.
They make great ceviche too. I'm about to head to the freezer right now, ya got me going. Happy now? :crafty:

I was skeptical, but while I was in the Channels, I managed to finally get one scallop (tenacious suckers), and on the advice of another diver in the boat, cleaned it, chopped it up raw, and ate it with soy sauce. Yummmmy!!!! I've heard adding horseradish to the mix is even better, but I can't stand the stuff.

Ishie:
I was skeptical, but while I was in the Channels, I managed to finally get one scallop (tenacious suckers), and on the advice of another diver in the boat, cleaned it, chopped it up raw, and ate it with soy sauce. Yummmmy!!!! I've heard adding horseradish to the mix is even better, but I can't stand the stuff.

Scallops are one of my favorites, RAW -or- cooked.

From my perspective it's VERY hard to screw up scallops UNLESS they are overcooked...

I generally use wine, butter, garlic, and maybe soy, or some other dark sauce if are cooking them. I generally reduce the sauce before throwing in the scallops.

Ron

I love scallops just after a dive. Mix a little Tabasco and lime in a zip lock, plop the scallops in the mix for a bit and !Presto!, my favorite surface interval treat.

Never been diving for scallops but love eating them, especially scallop nigiri or koda nigiri. Might try your recipes soon.

dlndavid:
Ok, My wife and I went to Red Lobsters the other day, and one of the dishes they served us was scallopes. Butter and lemon, baked.
For the last three nights we have been enjoying my version.
Bay scallopes 1-2 cups
Butter 1-2 tbs melted
Lemon juice 1-2 tsp
Bread crumbs 1-2tbs
Parsley chopped 1 tbs
Garlic powder to suit
Pepper to suit
Preheat oven to 450
place scallopes in ovenware with ingrediants
sprinkle bread crumbs, pepper, garlic powder, parsely and mix.
Bake for 10 minutes

Enjoy, it's a great side dish or a light dinner with salad.

You're pretty lucky, The Red Lobsters' here in NY are DISGUSTING! Seafood tastes like its been microwaved or something. Lots of great independent seafood restaurants, though.

PB565:
You're pretty lucky, The Red Lobsters' here in NY are DISGUSTING! Seafood tastes like its been microwaved or something. Lots of great independent seafood restaurants, though.

Iagree with you about Red Lobsters. I was never fond of The Red Lobsters' in Richmond,Va. Tried them in Md with same unfavorable results so I haven't bother trying them here in Tx. Too many other great seafood resturants around to waste your money on poorly fixed foods, espcially sea food.

Back
Top Bottom