highland mills band's equivalent (generic bands for $50)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI,
I have a question, I just happen to bump into this bands and the sound like a good deal to me. I'm trying to keep within DIR specs, so I'm not sure if buying them will be a good idea. I have a sea elite 300 bar manifold and some aluminum 80s.
I have included similarities specs for both this genetic kind and the highland mills bands for aluminum 80s.

thank you for your help,

lp

http://members.aol.com/mrdeco/page/index5.htm
Mrdeco@aol.com
Stainless Steel Double Tank Bands
7.3" diameter. for high pressure steels and aluminum 80's

Made of polished 16 gage stainless steel
1/8 inch thick reinforcements in bolt area
Fully TIG welded no spot welds
5/16 bolt kit with wing nuts is included
3/8 bolt kit is optional (add $5.)
You specify tank size and manifold used
Tank spacing guaranteed alike within .010
Price is $50. per set, discount if you order 4 or more sets.
Shipping and materials is usually $10.

Highland mill band
Double Bands #725

• 7.25" (184mm) cylinders
• Bolt set included
• Compatible tanks: • 2-1/2" (64mm) wide
• 3/8" hardware
• Compatible manifolds:
Aluminum 80, 63
HP steel 80, 100, 120 (Genesis style)
Ashai HP steel 100 cf
All 7.25" cylinders
Sea Elite
Scubapro
DiveRite
Thermo
Halcyon
Genesis
OMS
Sherwood

However, I have HM on my little 80s and generic POS bands on my 104s. They both work equally well.

I know that people feel better about their HM bands, but I am not sure that there is any actual evidence to back up their feelings. But if it makes them happy I am all for it.

YMMV.

Peter

I suspect you meant to say "generic" ... genetic bands would be quite a scientific breakthrough ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

wreckladydiver:
HI,
I have a question, I just happen to bump into this bands and the sound like a good deal to me. I'm trying to keep within DIR specs, so I'm not sure if buying them will be a good idea. I have a sea elite 300 bar manifold and some aluminum 80s.
I have included similarities specs for both this genetic kind and the highland mills bands for aluminum 80s.

thank you for your help,

lp

DmDalton swears by Roman's bands - he has a number (I seem to recall 4 sets of 72's...)... If you check out Divers Supply - you can get H-M bands cheaper than most places... But still around $100. I tried to get a set of bands from Roman a few months ago and he indicated prior commitments had him booked for a while and he wasn't going to be making any for a bit. So - you might wanna check with him via email on availability.

I have a set of Roman's bands on my 72s... hope he is back to making them... I need some for a set of al80s.

I was going to order a pair for my 125s and he emailed me back and said that he would not be making any for the next 6 months or so for personal reasons. Looks like we are out of luck for now, but he MAY have some by the start of next season around April or so.

Uncle Pug:
I have a set of Roman's bands on my 72s... hope he is back to making them... I need some for a set of al80s.

I realize this is an old post, but is he still making them?

I talked to him a while ago and he said he wouldn't be making hem for a few months, which should have been sometime last month.

I've emailed him twice over the past few weeks, but he hasn't responded at all. The only contact info he has on his site is email, otherwise I would have tride calling.

Victor, a member of the board from Ontario makes excellent custom bands. You tell him what tanks and manifold you have and he will make them for you.
He has excellent feedback on eBay as well as from board member here. :wink:
This is his eBay store: http://stores.ebay.ca/Technical-Solutions_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

I've heard Roman makes very good bands, though, and by far the cheapest out there. Only about $60 including the shipping. I live in NJ too and sometimes have to head down that way for work, so mabe I could even pick them up. Then it would only be $50 each.

BUT

At this point I have kind of given up on him, and have heard nothing but praise for Victor's bands too, so I just emailed him!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom