Trip to the Dry Tortugas Last Week Dec.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biggsy:
What kind of boat are you taking to the Tortugas? Where are you camping? How many tanks?

I might be able to get 3 people to fill up some of the spots.

The boat is a 26' center console catamaran w/ twin 130hp Honda 4-cycle outboards cruising speed of 20-22 knots. Twin 120 gallon fuel tanks . We will camp at Fort Jefferson on Dry Tortugas. Bring your own tent. Small one. Check out this link. NOTE THE CAMPING LINK. http://www.nps.gov/drto/
Typo on the dive count earlier. SORRY! Dive with 4 Alum. 80's Air. So probably 4 dives. Will probably do 2 dives in the park then 2 outside the park for spearing on the way back. But this is up to the group. The captain is very open to whatever we want. But spearing for me and my brother is a must do.
In case of bad weather we would do at LEAST 4 dives over 2 days out of Key West. And would get about $50-$75 refund. Don't wait till the last min though or we won't get this, Christmas is a very popular time.
More Spearing before or after "The trip" can be arranged.

Back
Top Bottom