Cedar Key drive by

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This morning I dragged Lil B along on a family outing to Cedar Key. Father & son deal. We drove into town around the marina and eventually to the North side where I LOVE to fish and look at the water. I will post pix once transferred from the camera. Let's just say, in the past 20 years that I have been spending many hours at Cedar Key, this morning blew my mind! This was the most immaculate day I have EVER seen there! The water was glassy as far as you could see. because of the lack of waves, at high tide, the water at waist deep was as clear as spring water! I could see the bottom almost twenty feet out. The pix do NOT do it justice! I was so anxious to have had gear and been on Seahorse Reef! The viz must have been at least ten to fifteen feet! The sky was the most incredible crystal blue, with the fluffiest white clouds I have ever seen, where there WERE clouds! It was sunny, but not HOT, and there was not a biting bug to be found! The kid found some shells and loved chucking them into the ocean. We kept a few, and he chased some birds a few times. So much for not altering natural behavior. We then headed back to town after I caught a few more pix. By far, the best day I have ever seen at Cedar Key. I have no leave time available at work and found myself asking, how much do I need this job today?
Hmmm new vehicle payments... guess I better NOT call in healthy.
Boss, I have a major water retention problem,... it's GOT me and it's drawing me IN!!!

Nice! You could have a good time there in atleast a bajillion ways!

Gibbon and I took Lil' B to Cedar Key yesterday on an island hopper boat trip. The conditions were nearly identical. It was a few degrees cooler and the winds were up offshore. The inland seas were still as glassy! We saw two different sets of dolphins, kayakers, lots of pelicans, two bald eagles, and some loons coming in from the cold Northen Coasts. Gibbon and I were able to check out one of my prospective fishing sites and I can hardly wait to get out there again! The pier is closed due to 1.5 million dollars worth of wear and tear combined with storm damage. They are seeking a grant to repair it as it's one of Cedar Key's main points of income/interest. We found out that Seahorse Key has over 180 different types of poisonous snakes on the island. There are also over 160 snakes per acre. These were brought from Africa and Asia by pirates to keep people off the island. Many theories of what they left guarded there abound, but even through fulltime occupation as a prison, nothing substantial has ever been found there. I am still in awe of the beauty of Cedar Key. The least of which are the beautiful islands. I didn't have fresh batts for my camera so I may only have one shot of a dolphin venting. Either way, I highly recommend a visit to anyone. It is one of my favorite haunts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom