The Crevice - Guam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The Crevice is located just south of the Blue Hole, close enough to do both sites on a single dive. This is done by drifiting when a current is present or by casually kicking without a current.

The upper shelf which averages between 50 and 60 feet deep is very similar to that of the Blue Hole. Very flat with lots of small corals. Great for macro. Within, The crevice itself The depth ranges between 140 and 160 feet. There is a huge rock in the center of the crevice which is at 130 ft. there is a 10 ft cut on each side of the rock which is great for photos as it has several fans along the walls. Most of the fans are a bit below 130 ft but one is located ate 100 ft. I would guess that that one is in a billion photos! On the outside wall of the crevice the depth starts at 200 ft and drops off quickly into the abyss. Just south of the crevice the wall plummets VERY deep where even at 200 ft the bottom is out of sight.

Like the Blue Hole the visibility here can be stunning! Often exceeding 150 ft!

Here are a few shots. If you are tired of these wide angle shots and ya want to see some close-up stuff from the sites, let me know and I will find a few and add them to the threads.

I wish I could just cut and paste directly into the thread! Hint Hint :wink:

This is a shot from the mooring line looking down into the crevice itself. Note that the bottom is still visible. Gotta love that vis!

Image by Chris Bangs (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

This shot was taken at about 150 ft.

This is the fan at 100 ft

Just for fun, one more shot! hehehe

this was taken on Christmas day 1999. I handed my camera to another diver and had em take the shot! very nappy scan, sorry

One more

This one shows both the deep fans and the one at 100ft

The fans in the foreground are on the big rock described in the first post

Cool!

Joe

Really nice photos - thanks for sharing.

Becky

Your pictures are amazing as always.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom