Months to dive in peugeot sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevjl2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
SWA is running their promos again and I am thinking of booking a flight to Seattle for next year. I dive Monterey/Mendocino and Big Sur here in CA. I can book as far out as April to take advantage of theses rates. I am looking at some time after January, but don't know what are good bad months to dive that area. Anyone shed some light on what months may be my best bet at hitting good weather? Thanks Kevin

Unfortunately the only time you can count on nice weather is in the summer months ... and those aren't necessarily the best months to dive, due to plankton blooms.

The winter and spring months can vary wildly ... I've dived during sunny, 60-degree weather in January, and during snowstorms in March. You just never know ... and certainly cannot predict more than a day or two in advance.

I would say let the tides be more of an indicator than weather ... small tidal exchanges open up possibilities to explore some of the better dive sites. Consult your tide charts and pick a week when there are small, relatively flat exchanges during the day ... and let that be your guide.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

As Bob said, the least tidal exchange is better for coping with the tide current. Another thing to consider is that in the Winter the water is clearer GENERALLY. The Diver must also look for the Incoming tide because an out-going tide has all the silt from the rivers which is mixed with the saltwater. The incoming tide is clear, clean water albet colder.
A prudent diver will also notice the rainfall causing the SURFACE water to color up during incoming tides. My advice is to call a local Diving Center such as Bubbles Below at (425) 424-DIVE in Woodinville for local conditions and projections of weather. NAMU

kevjl2:
SWA is running their promos again and I am thinking of booking a flight to Seattle for next year. I dive Monterey/Mendocino and Big Sur here in CA. I can book as far out as April to take advantage of theses rates. I am looking at some time after January, but don't know what are good bad months to dive that area. Anyone shed some light on what months may be my best bet at hitting good weather? Thanks Kevin

Is peugeot sound anywhere near Puget Sound? :wink:

wedivebc:
Is peugeot sound anywhere near Puget Sound? :wink:

Yes, it's in the French speaking part of the state.
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom