Copywrite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fergyjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
G'day,

How do I put my name (copywrite) on my photos, I have photoshop 7 but I am a real novice at using it, I went into the help section but I could not follow the info provided.

Any advice appreciated.

fergyjohn:
G'day,

How do I put my name (copywrite) on my photos, I have photoshop 7 but I am a real novice at using it, I went into the help section but I could not follow the info provided.

Any advice appreciated.

This is easy. With an active image in Photoshop -- Click on FILTER -- scroll to the bottom and click on Digimarc and follow instructions --

Another method is to insert a layer and just use the Type tool and type in the copyright info. When you save the file save it as Merge Layers and that will make the entire image complete.

Regards,

Much appreciated Joel, I will give that a go.

fergyjohn:
Much appreciated Joel, I will give that a go.
Use the second method, the Digimarc process embeds an invisible copyright into your photos that can be tracked via the web. Probably not what you're looking for. Also there's a yearly subscription charge if you want to use the service.

I agree...use the type tool..it is a bit awkward at first, but you'll get the hang of it pretty quick. You can also use any color of type, which is handy because sometimes I want my name to sort of be unobtrusive and blend in....and sometimes I want it to stand out more.

To create the © sign you press and hold the alt button and then type 0169 (not using the top numbers, but the ones on the side. When You let go of the Alt button the © will appear.

If you merge layers, aren't they permanently merged? You can't remove the watermark then. Maybe should make a copy & watermark it, saving the original file in tact.

jcclink:
If you merge layers, aren't they permanently merged? You can't remove the watermark then. Maybe should make a copy & watermark it, saving the original file in tact.

Yes. Actually, I flatten the image, but the result is the same, it is now part of the pic. But, like every other pic, I only resize and put the watermark on for photos to post on the web, I always keep (1) the original and (2) the "PS'd" version of all pics, and then (3) resized, sharpened and watermarked small copy

Chris

Unless the copyright covers your entire picture, you're still open to people clipping out your copyright. I'm curious - has anybody tried embedding a copyright in their photo using steganography? Its supposed to be hidden, but can you notice a difference? I suppose it might be easy to defeat if you resize the photo or just compress the image at a different ratio on a jpeg. And maybe the CIA or NSA would come after you assuming you're a terrorist. But, if you did find somebody reusing your picture, you could theoretically "decrypt" the photo so it would reveal your copyright, giving you something real to pin a lawsuit on. All this would be contingent on the picture being reprinted someplace so you'd know your picture was used illegally in the first place. Considering I'm posting my photos without bothering with a watermark or any identifiers, its more of a curiosity to me than anything.

Back
Top Bottom